Price Check Value of a Farm pro 2420

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #1  

tucker2

Tractor
Kubota L1500, Iseki TS1910,Trak King dozer
Neighbor passed away and his 1 owner Farm pro in good condition is coming up for sale soon, don't know alot about it other than he bought it new
and used it with a 5 foot finish mower to mow his 2-3 acre yard. I need a value quick, also anything I need to look at, if I get the chance.

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #2  
We have a 2003 2420 FarmPro that was $3500 new. I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it. And it would have to run for that price.

Steve

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #3  
You don't say how old it is. If it's in good shape my starting point would be half of what it cost new. Find out the year and do some internet research to see what it sold for then. If it has been well maintained that is a decent deal. If it hasn't, run away. If it's in good shape it will outperform anything else you can get for that money.

This was not an expensive tractor when it was new, the $3500 noted above sounds about right. Many were sold to inexperienced users who didn't know the importance of oil changes, air filters or coolant. These tractors are heavy and tough, but can be damaged quickly if run without an air filter or proper lubrication. In particular, if allowed to overheat the head gaskets blow quickly. On some versions the radiators were positioned so they were prone to clogging with chaff and they would overheat easily. Once the head gasket is blown the oil can get contaminated and other engine parts can fail.

Do not buy this tractor if it doesn't start easily and run smoothly, or if all the cylinders don't fire. We get a lot of people here who buy Jinmas that are running rough and they get them home and open them up and find out the head gasket is shot. Search the archives for details.

A Jinma with a blown head gasket is actually a good project, they're not that hard to fix. I just wouldn't pay any money for it.

My experience is that parts are widely available from online dealers, and relatively inexpensive. This is especially true of the 200 series.

By modern standards the weatherproofing on these tractors is poor. They need to be stored indoors. Do not buy it if it looks like it was stored outdoors. All the lubricants will be contaminated with water.

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #4  
So based on what I read here a 2005 4x4 2430 with 580 hours, a loader, and bush hog priced at $7500 would be considered over priced?

I have been looking for a tractor to clean up my property from hurricane Michael. Based on everything else I am finding I considered $7500 a decent deal but if the tractors are junk I'll stay away from it.

If you could get a new one for $3500 in 2003 does anyone sell them new now? Haven't been able to find anything searching.

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420
I went ahead and bought the 2420 several years ago, tag says mfg in 12/2006 so it was one of the later ones with 3 cylinder engine, so far it has been a
good tractor, alot of features I like, but I know it's made in China and there will be a day it becomes "yard art" because I wont be able to find parts. You need to be good at searching internet and everything else for parts, I looked for a year for a metric thread oil filter only to find it was sae threads and was able to pick one up at NAPA. Operator and parts manuals are useless, they just print whatever comes to mind. If your a good handyman then the tractor
is well made, just no easy way to get parts.

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #6  
I went ahead and bought the 2420 several years ago, tag says mfg in 12/2006 so it was one of the later ones with 3 cylinder engine, so far it has been a
good tractor, alot of features I like, but I know it's made in China and there will be a day it becomes "yard art" because I wont be able to find parts. You need to be good at searching internet and everything else for parts, I looked for a year for a metric thread oil filter only to find it was sae threads and was able to pick one up at NAPA. Operator and parts manuals are useless, they just print whatever comes to mind. If your a good handyman then the tractor
is well made, just no easy way to get parts.
I was looking at a homier 2420,and was searching and found this post..and I was just wondering if you was done with your clean up if you would be intrested in turning loose of it,the one I found is a two cyl.diesel 2 wd ..no front end loader or Bush hog,I just got rid of a decent red belly and that was my 1st tractor..I have a few attatchments..but a loader is a must..anyway I don't have a lot of debris just a big pile of horse donkey and mule crap the old guy use to clean out from around my barn..I don't have Kabota money but what you have sounds better than the one I found..you can call me 7432020061.even if you don't have it ,I'd like to know how it worked for ya I'm from the Lexington area ,everybody I know is fords alis chambler kabota ect. Thanks,Derek

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #7  
We have a decent 254 Jinma Tractor with a Koyker 140 USA Loader, with a brand new Y385D direct injection engine in it, new Clutch assembly that we are selling for $ 8,000.00 in Texas. Has some electrical items to work thru but we got it in with a blown engine, it runs great and will be a great deal for someone.The loader it self is worth $ 4,500.00 new

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
www.affordabletractorsalesco.com
979-865-4002

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #8  
I looked for a year for a metric thread oil filter only to find it was sae threads and was able to pick one up at NAPA.
Seriously? Searched for a year? Virtually all manufacturers make metric thread filters. Baldwin, Fram, Purolator, et al, you name it.

/ Value of a Farm pro 2420 #9  
Should have called us we have 500 plus Oil, Fuel, Hydraulic, filters in stock, could have had it in 3-4 days USPS. Tucker 2, we have all the parts for the TY290X Engine, and all the other tractor parts in stock for your tractor, give us a call next time your looking for something

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
"Your Jinma Parts Superstore"
www.affordabletractorsalesco.com
979-865-4002