Oil & Fuel it's pouring oil, please help

/ it's pouring oil, please help #1  

operation10AC

Tractor
hardy disel 4x4 shenniu 254
Bought the 10 acres, bought the tractor, the cowboy boots and hat, and I was very much looking forward to working on my land. The fun lasted all of 10 minutes and some sort of liquid started flying from the the engine in generous amounts. I assume its the hydraulic system from the system operating the front loader of the tractor. I was trying to see where the fluid was coming from but it was everywhere, the belt was soaked in it and spilling it as it spun. I could not find visibly broken hoses, then I removed the belt to stop it from spinning the fluid hoping I could spot the source. That belt operates around three pulleys, one, the alternator, two, the fan cooling the radiator and three, some sort of pump (i'm guessing) on the bottom. As you an tell already, I am a complete beginner at this. If anyone would kindly point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. If I can fix it myself, I would be up for that, if someone knows a reliable mechanic in the dulzura/jamul area (zip 91917) I can pay a modest fee for honest/good work please recommend someone if you know such a person. here is a video I took today of problem youtu.be/oreBmau47XA

this is a 2002 hardy diesel 4x4 2 cylinder shennieu tractor with apparently only 500 hours

/ it's pouring oil, please help #2  
First, welcome to TBN!

Second, typically hydraulic fluid smells much different than oil and should be much clearer. My advice would be to purchase some universal tractor hydraulic fluid and compare the smell of it to what has been expelled from your tractor. If it is hydraulics, it is likely just a burst hose, which can be rebuilt at many places. Just take what's left of the old line with you. Sometimes they can reuse fittings and save you a few bucks.

Third, spray everything down with brake cleaner. After getting it all cleaned up, just let it set a few minutes and it should still drip some from the leak location and you'll likely ID it easier.

For it to come out in the volume you described, it sounds like hydraulic fluid to me. Any leak is hard to locate spewing gallons per minute.

/ it's pouring oil, please help #3  
First, welcome to TBN!

Second, typically hydraulic fluid smells much different than oil and should be much clearer. My advice would be to purchase some universal tractor hydraulic fluid and compare the smell of it to what has been expelled from your tractor. If it is hydraulics, it is likely just a burst hose, which can be rebuilt at many places. Just take what's left of the old line with you. Sometimes they can reuse fittings and save you a few bucks.

Third, spray everything down with brake cleaner. After getting it all cleaned up, just let it set a few minutes and it should still drip some from the leak location and you'll likely ID it easier.

For it to come out in the volume you described, it sounds like hydraulic fluid to me. Any leak is hard to locate spewing gallons per minute.

Good advice. Listen to him, and try to stay calm. You can't think as clearly all wound up as you can when you are calm. This sounds like a small thing. Ed

/ it's pouring oil, please help #4  
If it's possibly that hose, shield it from the pulley so that maybe you can see the leak before it hits the pulley and sprays. And don't touch the leak if hydraulic -- it can penetrate your skin easily and cause a bad wound.

/ it's pouring oil, please help #5  
Welcome to TBN.
Okay, back to basics. You have three pulleys on the front of your engine. Coolant pump/fan, alternator, and down low is the crankshaft with the harmonic balancer on it. So, do you have a hydraulic pump that drives off the front of the crankshaft in front of the engine? Have yet to see a belt driven hydraulic pump on any of these tractors. There have been instances of the seal in the hydraulic pump failing and filling the engine crankcase with hydraulic oil. Check your hydraulic oil level and engine oil level - that will tell you if that has happened, and we can go from there.
Incidentally, that You Tube link doesn't work.

/ it's pouring oil, please help #7  
Here's a working link.. oil spilling - YouTube

Thanks for that. It's either a hose, hose adapter, or the pump seal. Are the hose and adaptor connections tight? From the year of the tractor I wouldn't suspect at hose first. There are O-rings in the pump/hose adaptors.

/ it's pouring oil, please help #8  
   / it's pouring oil, please help
thank you all for your help and support, I'm so glad I found this forum. I was not able to post the full link because I am a new member with < 5 posts ... but you guys fixed that's too, thx. and yes the pump is being turned by the engine crankshaft as you said ( not by a belt)

i will try your suggestions and report back soon

again, than you

/ it's pouring oil, please help
by the way if the hoses were damaged should this be obvious from the outside ? Because the hoses look fine from exterior...