Buying Advice battery spec for jimna tractors

/ battery spec for jimna tractors #1  

garyvfr1

Tractor
jimna 354 4wd
what type / size of battery do I need for my jimna df354 tractor put on a new battery from halfords 12v 95ah 830amp will initially crank it over but when i try to restart there is no power to it sounds just like a flat battery noise solenoid clicking thinking of replacing with halfords top spec battery 85ah 800amp hsb110 what does anyone think
Q: could there be an underlying problem with the starter / solenoid if so can i repair

/ battery spec for jimna tractors #2  
The highest CCA and highest amp hour capacity that will squeeze into the battery box. Run a ground cable direct to a starter mounting bolt if the factory path is through a bolted sheet metal path.

/ battery spec for jimna tractors #3  
These tractors are know for having low voltage at the starter solenoid. The is an easy fix by adding a relay. (Do a search you will see many threads on how to do it). So unless you have had your battery tested and it is proven bad I suggest you start looking at voltages on the solenoid and checking the earthing on the tractor frame.....will be a lot cheaper fix than throwing a battery at it only to find that was not the problem. Just a suggestion

/ battery spec for jimna tractors #4  
Sounds more like a bad ground somewhere - most likely at the battery where the negative cable is bolted to the chassis. also check terminal connections.

/ battery spec for jimna tractors #5  
On my '02 JM354 I put a Group 34 battery from O'Rielly's. It's been in there for three years. OEM was two 6 volts, Now one 12 volt. I'm using a Delco Remy alternator from a '80's chevy (SI-10 three wire I think). The only starting issues is that clutch pedal switch and I got to get that replaced "Again". My work around is to make sure the transmission is in nuetral and jumper the starter soleniod with a small chunk of 1 x 1 angle iron. "ain't easy bein' me". bjr