Field Boss 254

/ Field Boss 254 #1  

dmk

We just purchased a Field Boss 254 (believe made by Jinma). It's a nice little tractor starts easy runs good. Only issue is that the PTO is not engaging (we knew and got a good deal on it).

Image1466690635.313644.jpg

I can't seem to find any info/diagrams/manuals. I know they were made under several names. Can anyone point me to info?

Thanks.

/ Field Boss 254 #2  
Try Tommy at Affordable Tractors (he is very active in these forums) he has parts and manuals for just about anything Jinma. There are 2 selector levers I believe on the Jinma. 1 selects the speed the other is engage / disengage. make sure you have them both selected. Also when you move the levers check that the shaft actually rotates it has been known that problems like your has been caused by a broken roll pin.

/ Field Boss 254
Sounds good. I saw lots of posts from him. I will check for both levers tonight. And thanks for the info

/ Field Boss 254 #4  
The one lever, I believe, is marked "ENG" (engage) and "DIE" (disengage).

/ Field Boss 254
Ok so I did some checking. I found the other lever. It seems to function properly (feels like it catches on the up or down position).
Image1466777472.515017.jpg
But the speed selector
Image1466777506.496204.jpg
Just moves freely no feeling of engagement. This weekend I will try to do some more checking. Hopefully it's just a pin issue

/ Field Boss 254 #6  
   / Field Boss 254
Thanks for the info. I will do a little more checking. I really need to get ahold of a manual or diagram. Sent you a PM "Affordable"

/ Field Boss 254 #8  
I did not get anything, just call the Shop 979-865-4002

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Field Boss 254
Will do.

/ Field Boss 254
Tommy,

Tried to send you a PM again.