Loader New loader valve for Jinma 284

/ New loader valve for Jinma 284 #1  

qualsite

Has anyone replaced the poorly-built Jinma loader valve with a "Brand Hydraulic Loader Directional Control Valve LV22RFSTKAB" [about $210 on Ebay]?
If so, any issues? What about fittings; the fitting on the Jinma valve looks close to a #8SAE fitting, but measures .858" od, rather than the .84" for a #8 male fitting? Do they work with the #8SAE ports on the Brand valve? My old 34DLS loader valve that came on the tractor doesn't have the flow rate stamped on it, but I assume that a 10gpm valve is about right for this tractor. Tired of the worthless Jinma valve sticking, jerking, and basically using it being a total pain, particularly after it stuck again today a did some damage to the house.

Last edited:
   / New loader valve for Jinma 284 #2  
I bought my Brand loader valve at Surplus Center. The big plus is the regen feature. Fittings on the tractor are metric. You will have to get some adapters from Tommy or Ronald.

https://www.surpluscenter.com/_MoreSpecs/i9-7401.pdf

You must remember that sacrificing quality lowers the cost. That's why you didn't pay $50,000 for your tractor. You can also install restrictors to eliminate the jerkiness.

/ New loader valve for Jinma 284
Thanks. This tractor is ten years old, and it has done well, for the most part. I have modified and repaired a lot on it, but the loader valve issues finally caught up with me. It's not so much that I was expecting a valve of the quality on a $50k machine, but it is really of a poor design and just built badly, particularly the yoke assembly. If I can replace it with a $250 US made valve, then great.

Do you remember what adapters you used that will fit well for this adaptation?
Is the OEM valve an ISO261 M22x1.5 port? That would be the closest OD at 21.8mm OD on the male thread. The actual OD dimension is actually closer to the SAE#8 thread, which is why I was confused. So I assume that a male SAE#8 to female ISO261 bushing adapter is what you used, and everything fit OK?

Also, the Brand valve is normally sold in the "A" configuration. The Jinma OEM valve appears to be in an A1 configuration, with the mounting plate on the left of the valve. Brand says that the valve must be ordered in the required configuration, and cannot be switched. Did you use the normal "A" valve, and just flip the mounting bracket around, so that the mounting is on the right hand side, and if so, was there enough room on the left for the hoses and for the throttle lever, particularly with the metric-to-SAE adapters in there?

Thanks... Jim

/ New loader valve for Jinma 284 #4  
My valve is mounted in my dozer/loader. The installation is totally different and not applicable in your case.

This might be more of what you're looking for: Jinma Loader Valve

/ New loader valve for Jinma 284 #5  
I put a Prince Hydraulic valve on mine with regen and float and it works great.