Jinma 254 steering problems

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #1  

cjsmithhi

Tractor
Jinma 254
Hi. i just got a new jinma 254 with the loader. after ten hours my hydraulic steering went out (feels like a the tractor is off). what should i look at? all other hydraulics work. lots of fluid. no leaks. Thank you. C.J.

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #2  
Welcome to the forum!

:tractor: I'm going to move your question over to our Chinese tractors section.

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #3  
Some 254's have two hydraulic pumps. If you have two, the one that powers the steering may have failed.

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #4  
So i have a silly question and i may or may not get a silly answer.. also i apologize in advance as this isn't related to the topic but my browser will not let me create a new thread so here we go. In terms of Jinma and Nortrac the Jinma254 and Nortrac254 are NOT the same, but they do take the same oil filter (Ive been reading its the Fram PH3950 crossed over from the JX0707) correct? Also Im guessing as long as you have the 25HP engine the specs for filters are all the same. Please correct me if Im wrong and once again i apologize for posting off topic in this thread. Thanks! -Ethan

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #5  
Yep, that should work just fine for you. I use the Napa filters instead. I have not had good luck with the Fram filters (they leaked)

Steve

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #6  
Thanks for the fast reply. Any chance do you know if it applies to ALL the filters (ie air and fuel) as well? I know everything seems to be pretty similar as long as you have the 25HP engine.

/ Jinma 254 steering problems #7  
Don't know about all the filters but I would imagine yes as they use the same ones for a lot of models.
Steve