3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #1  

MarkAnthony

for a 3pt hoe that runs on the tractor hydraulics, wondering how to plumb it. The engine pump goes to a koyker 160 (not sure if there is a free outlet on the spool, looks like there is), then it goes to a diverter or flow check which feeds the power steering and 3 point. The hoe guy says to disconnect the quick connect between the pump and the loader and run a loop to the back. The question is, there is a return quick connect already on the tractor in the rear from the factory. if I use this for the return for the hoe then where do I get pressure from if I do not break the loop as suggested? it looks like that diverter/flow valve has an extra port on it. if the factory supplies a return then did they provide a port for pressure side? Suggestions? Thanks, Mark.

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #2  
Mark I'm not familair with the koiker fels, but the jinmas use an OPEN CENTER hydraulic system. which means flow is running through the pump at all times, and just goes back to the resiviour to be repupmed over and over, when the FEl is put on the flow goes to the FEL valve and through it on to the rest of the system (3 pt lift then into tank). the fel valves then divert flow to raise lower ect. and when it stops diverting by reaching a full up/down spot then the relife valve opens and limits the amount of force the fel can lift. the relife valve lets the flow go back to the 3pt/resviour and the up stream pump side pressure is set by the relife valve setting max of something like 1800 PSI (not sure of max setting there) the 3 pt also has a relife valve and has same settings maybe a bit more.

if you want to install a HOE which uses the tractor hydraulics then you have to have an OPEN CENTER POWER BEYOND type valve on the hoe with a relife valve setting similar to above! otherwise the tractor pump can/will be damaged or the hoe will not opperate correctly.

the best way is to cut into the steel line just ahead of where it goes into the 3pt lift valve. (or even un-screw the line and get fittings to match and reattach the out feed of hoe to the infeed of the 3 pt lift line.)

the fitting on the back is NOT A RETURN! it is a PRESSURE feed which is tied in tandem to the 3pt lift. the pressure on the 3 pt lift also is on that fitting! if you are not lifitn gweight with the 3 pt then no power is going to that fitting. I use that fitting to raise and dump my dump trailer. by raising the 3 pt lift arms it raises the front of the dump trailer and also puts the hyd pressure out on the dump actuator. as I reach max lift on the 3 pt the lift builds pressure and over comes the lift force needed to dump the trailer. this same fitting is also used to raise the 2 wheeled brush hogs which have a actuator on them. it is ONLY FOR THIS OPERATION it can not be used for a return line from the hoe....
the line is only a gravity return so if you raise something using it it will not SUCK the fluid out the raised actuator must lower by force applied from a weight or by you pushing it back in WHILE the 3 pt raise lower handle is in the LOWER postion it WILL HOLD the load UP while in the N postion. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mark M

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #3  
Mark,

While I know some people have run hoes off of the Jinma hyd, consider going to pto pump and external tank. The Jinma hoes, are set-up that way, with their own 5 gal tank, vs 2 1/2g, on tractor.

Ok, back to your question. Check with your Koyker dealer, but I believe that most 160's are set-up with power beyond capability. Power beyond is like having a built-in diverter valve. Yours might be all ready to go, or you might need to buy a module. The hoe would tie into the power beyond from the fel, and you have to figure out how to tie the hoe return line back into the tractor return line. As Spiker said, that fitting under the seat, is not a return port.

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224
glad I asked, I thought that fitting in the back dumped back into the tank. I will call koyker and ask about the power beyond but I would still have to find a place to return. I have heard that the tractor pump can handle the hoe but i'm sure it will take its toll on the pump and generate some heat. The prince pto pump kit is 900 smackers.

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #5  
How much hyd oil volume does the hoe recommend, and given pump? Most of the 2 1/2 gals will be used just to extend different cyl. Worst case you start sucking air, at a minimum the hyd oil will heat-up significantly, not having a chance to cool. If you take it easy with your hoe work, you can probably get by.

If you are looking for a bolt-on solution, on the return line, I don't think you will find it. You will need to fit a "T" on plus fittings, hoses, and disconnects. You might want to try contacting Glenn, at Coastal Tractor. I believe he has plumbed some of the hoes he sells, on Jinmas, using the existing hyd system. Look him up and give a call.

I think the pump on the tracter is 6.5, the hoe is close to that. certainly wouldnt try operating the hoe and loader at once. I am searching for value pto pump kits. Don't see much out there. I got my jinma from glenn, he is a good man.

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #7  
I see prince pto pumps in northern tools and surplus center catalogs for 334$ and 327$ Both produce 12gpm...

Soundguy

I thought that I saw the pto pump kit in the $800 range. - reservoir, mounts, lines, brackets.

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #9  
The pump itself was 327.. many of these use a simple chain style bracket. That chain style bracket, a few hoses, and even a relief valve if necescary, and a sump tank should not cost 500 bucks... Considering you can buy sump tanks for a hundred or less in those same acaalogs, and premade hose per foot with ends is less thn 10@.. even less if you let napa or CQ pop them together for you.

With a bit of sweat equity.. looks like you could save yourself about 300 and some change..

At work we just added a wet kit similar in design to one of our liquid asphalt distribuitor trucks so the driver could control rear spray wand/retractable wing extensions and turn on and off the valve train via tie rod cylinders from the cab of the truck. Turned a 2 man operation into a 1 man operation. Hyd shop quoted 1200 for the parts.. which was a pump, resevoir, relief, multi spool for the da cylinders, and the cylinders. We instead bought the materials from surplus center and the mechanic installed them in less than 1 day at a cost of less than 900$ .. and that includes his whole day of labor.

Soundguy

/ 3pt hoe plumbing question for jinma 224 #10  
Mark:

there are several places to get Hydraulic parts but watch what you get. Locally we have a surplus store (glenns surplus) which sells stuff resonable. also the http://www.surplushydraulics.com has stuff but you have to BUILD the system from parts I'm not sure but they MAY have a pto pump already with resiviour and lines but more than likely you have to assemble parts... you can also get the JINMA pump from some of the on-line sites. I'm sure they will be cheaper but require the PTO PUMP SLOTTED SHAFT adaptor that is installed in side the JINMA tractor. there are photos on JOHNS'S web site of these I belive. You can pull you're shaft cover and check, it is the 4 bolts just above the pto shaft and under it will be either s flat shaft or one with a slot across it so it has a fork shape. the fork shape is what the JINMA pump hooks up to and is driven by the fork.

i would not run a HOE form the JINMA system as it just doen't have enough fluid and it will HEAT up too much. not to mention the PUMP on the jinma is not rated really very hogh gpm.

Mark m /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif