Oil & Fuel Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #11  
Sounds like you have a bad oil leak coming right off the oil pump or it is sucking air between the pickup tube and pump.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #12  
Cranked up the oil bypass valve no major increase in pressure at idle or 1600-1800rpms. Gave it a full turn and a half.
Remove and inspect the spring and valve shuttle, it could be stuck with debris (be sure to count the turns as you remove the screw so it will go back at approximately the same setting). You may have to remove the entire filter head. Lets hope that this is it because you're running out of options. 1,200 hours isn't that much to be needing bearings already. You may have to Plastigage the bearings to be sure.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284
Remove and inspect the spring and valve shuttle, it could be stuck with debris (be sure to count the turns as you remove the screw so it will go back at approximately the same setting). You may have to remove the entire filter head. Lets hope that this is it because you're running out of options. 1,200 hours isn't that much to be needing bearings already. You may have to Plastigage the bearings to be sure.

I'll do some more checking today and see what I can come up with.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284
Yesterday I took the oil filter housing off and made sure it was good and clean, after that I started it back up then took my tube for the oil pressure gauge off, my goodness the oil pumping out of that tiny little line, I'm thinking I may have a bad gauge, going to get another one tomorrow. To double check.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #15  
A new pump will not make up for a gross leak.
The "oil pressure adjustment" is not like a pressure regulator on an air compressor used to keep 110 psi air down to 40psi for spraying paint. The tractors oil pressure relief valve only limits maximum oil pressure in case somebody redlines a cold engine with thick oil.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #16  
Yesterday I took the oil filter housing off and made sure it was good and clean, after that I started it back up then took my tube for the oil pressure gauge off, my goodness the oil pumping out of that tiny little line, I'm thinking I may have a bad gauge, going to get another one tomorrow. To double check.
That's good news. Hope the gauge was bad. But be aware that a volume of oil from a small tube may not actually have a lot of pressure behind it. Hoping for the best.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #17  
A new pump will not make up for a gross leak.
The "oil pressure adjustment" is not like a pressure regulator on an air compressor used to keep 110 psi air down to 40psi for spraying paint. The tractors oil pressure relief valve only limits maximum oil pressure in case somebody redlines a cold engine with thick oil.
Agreed. But where would a "gross leak" occur? The only "gross leak" would be the bypass valve, which dumps back into the sump, or the engine bearings. The bypass valve only allows a certain volume of oil at a given pressure. The volume of oil is constant with engine speed, the pressure is regulated by the bypass valve, which returns oil to the sump.

You're welcome.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #18  
Agreed. But where would a "gross leak" occur? The only "gross leak" would be the bypass valve, which dumps back into the sump, or the engine bearings. The bypass valve only allows a certain volume of oil at a given pressure. The volume of oil is constant with engine speed, the pressure is regulated by the bypass valve, which returns oil to the sump.

You're welcome.

Excessive bearing clearance , missing bearing wrong oil filter , oil filter Delta P valve problems .

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #19  
We discussed engine bearings previously. Some, not all, oil filters have a built in bypass valve to compensate for cold starts and plugging - has virtually nothing to do with oil pressure, as would a wrong filter which would be very unlikely if it fit the application. Yes, a missing bearing would have a direct effect on oil pressure but I think you would hear that.

/ Oil Pressure After New Pump??? Jinma 284 #20  
There is delta p across the relief valve, as there should be, because the engine cannot take all the oil the pump puts out. It's supposed to be that way.