KAMA 454 possible Hydraulics oil leaking in to gear box

/ KAMA 454 possible Hydraulics oil leaking in to gear box #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
Hello all,

I noticed my front end loader was slow to respond. I checked the Hydro fluid level and it was low. I topped it off with about 1-1/2 gals. Then I pulled the two dipsticks of the transfer case and transmission and noticed they were very full, 2 + inches above the full line. The gear oil looked real lumpy.

I have drained the gear oil figuring it needed changed anyway. But as I think how the hydro is low and the gear box is over full, there must be a leak between the reservoirs.

I'm sure I don't want to hear what is the issue, a $5 seal and split the tractor?

/ KAMA 454 possible Hydraulics oil leaking in to gear box
Update;

I added to the Hydro and it looks to be staying at the same level. This is with the trany empty and not running, but no major passage between trany and hydro.
So I guessing hydro just had a slow leak over the last few years. The transmission being to full can probably be explained by water. I'll put some JD 303, $17 for 5 gal and run it for a month, then refill with 80/90w. The 303 hopefully will act as a flush at little over the cost of diesel. I need to move her back under cover!

/ KAMA 454 possible Hydraulics oil leaking in to gear box #3  
The gear oil looked real lumpy.
So it looked like tapioca pudding?

I have drained the gear oil figuring it needed changed anyway.
It's really hard to beat scheduled maintenance.

But as I think how the hydro is low and the gear box is over full, there must be a leak between the reservoirs.
If there was a leak between the reservoirs they would cross-contaminate and equalize. To test this you would put dye in one of the oils.

/ KAMA 454 possible Hydraulics oil leaking in to gear box
Bob,

I'm convinced now just water leaking around the shifters. Keeping up with oil changes is the way to go. Last time was 4 years on the gear box. But I've put less than 100 hrs since then. Under cover storage is what I need to manage.