Oil & Fuel Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle.

/ Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #1  

schmalts

Silver Member
Tractor
Kama 554
This tractor has always stunk and lite smoked unless it's warm out or the tractor is full operating temperature. I know these older models ran dirty but good grief. Is there a way to clean it up at idle? Pump adjustment?

/ Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #2  
   / Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #3  
You will also see improved efficiency by installing a 180° - 190° thermostat and a coolant recovery system.

/ Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #4  
You might check the pump timing, and the pressure at the injector.

/ Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #5  
You might check the pump timing, and the pressure at the injector.
He can pop test the injectors and check their spray pattern, but how would he check the pop pressure given that he probably can't afford a diesel test bench?

/ Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #6  
He can pop test the injectors and check their spray pattern, but how would he check the pop pressure given that he probably can't afford a diesel test bench?

Thread Bump...

Bob have you seen the Pop pressure checkers on E bay. like this?

Diesel Injector Nozzle Pop Pressure Tester Dual Read Bar/PSI Gauge S6H W/Filter | eBay

Looks like the pop pressure could be checked and even dialed in on injectors where the spring preload can be adjusted. (I would think).
I saw some with gauges that only go to 6000psi to.

Looked like a way to check just how close each injector is to each other and maybe even if an injector is a dribbler,
Or where 1 bad injector has been replaced as a way to insure the replacement is at least (in the ball park) to the remaining originals.

I haven"t seen a post where anyone has tried one of these little checkers but they do look interesting.

Last edited:
   / Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #7  
   / Kama 554 burns my eyes at idle. #8  
I just got a reply from them, and as I expected it's made in China. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't think replacement parts are available.