Foton 454 wiper motor

/ Foton 454 wiper motor #1  

hagrant

Tractor
454 foton
Silly question...the front wiper motor went in my foton tractor. Having a hard time to find a replacement. I have read some of the forums and got some great information for replacements that would work but the wiper motors suggested are 24 volt motors. The question I have is can I put a 24 volt wiper motor on my tractor without changing anything? I dont know alot about electrical. Im assuming my tractor has a 12 volt alternator as it has one 12 volt battery. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

/ Foton 454 wiper motor #2  
I'll bet there are a hundred aftermarket 12 volt wiper motor brands that would fit your application. No, you can't use a 24 volt motor in a 12 volt application. Does it look like one of these? Do you have a picture of yours?

Wiper motor 1.jpg

Wiper motor 2.jpg

/ Foton 454 wiper motor
Ok, thanks. I could hear the motor working but the wiper arm was not spinning. The nuts on the wiper were tight. I ended up taking the motor off the tractor. You will see from my pics that there is a gear box attached to motor. I took the gear box cover off which was easy (4 Screws). There is a nut in that gearbox that was very loose so I tightened it up, put the cover back on and put it back on the tractor. Everything working perfect again. Took about 2 hours. wiper motor 2.jpg

/ Foton 454 wiper motor #5  
Yep. That's like the one in the top picture. Glad you got it fixed.:thumbsup:

/ Foton 454 wiper motor
ok, great! I will keep you in mind for any parts I may need!