Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors?

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #51  
Kubota's still made in Japan aren't they? I was hoping the OP would of bought the Nortrac tractor so there would be a first on hands quality review. Someone here needs to man up and buy one, I would but I have milk in the refrigerator.

Do a search -- there have been a few threads on this. Most owners seem pretty happy upon purchase. Trouble is, none of them stuck around long here on TBN, so we have no idea how things worked out in the long term.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #52  
Kubota's still made in Japan aren't they? I was hoping the OP would of bought the Nortrac tractor so there would be a first on hands quality review. Someone here needs to man up and buy one, I would but I have milk in the refrigerator.

send me some $$ I'll try one out and review it. I don't want to take the gamble.
I looked at jinma B-4 I purchased a 30+ yr old yanmar dealer use to sell both.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #53  
Do a search -- there have been a few threads on this. Most owners seem pretty happy upon purchase. Trouble is, none of them stuck around long here on TBN, so we have no idea how things worked out in the long term.

I notice that alot when I do a thread search on something that's a few years old or more, offline offline offline..... from TBN subscribers I never heard of before.

I'm thinking tractor manufacturers improve their machines every 3 years so uptodate reviews should be ongoing or atleast until all tractors never break down and at the current rate of improvements might take another 100 years, give or take.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #54  
send me some $$ I'll try one out and review it. I don't want to take the gamble.
I looked at jinma B-4 I purchased a 30+ yr old yanmar dealer use to sell both.

I would but I have to buy more milk to put in the fridge. You saying Jinma tractor is the same as a Nortrac and why doesn't your local dealer sell them anymore? You still have a 30 year old Yanmar?

When I was growing up always use to be if made in Japan= Japanese junk, now it's if you want quality buy something made in Japan. Maybe in a few years China will be the same way and everyone here will trade their Kubota's and Yanmar's in for the new state of the art high quality super strong never break down Nortec tractors for half the price

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #55  
I would but I have to buy more milk to put in the fridge. You saying Jinma tractor is the same as a Nortrac and why doesn't your local dealer sell them anymore? You still have a 30 year old Yanmar?

When I was growing up always use to be if made in Japan= Japanese junk, now it's if you want quality buy something made in Japan. Maybe in a few years China will be the same way and everyone here will trade their Kubota's and Yanmar's in for the new state of the art high quality super strong never break down Nortec tractors for half the price

Don't know about now, but when I was looking Northern sold Jinma under their name (nortrac)

Yes, I still have my yanmar. About 10 yrs now I guess. Only issues I have had is my front hub seals started leaking a little oil. The leak isn't that bad, and I have been too lazy to make the repair

The dealer I bought my yanmar from is the Largest importer of yanmar tractors (Fredricks equipment) He engineered/developed and had Osha certify the safety equipment for these tractors. He sold Jinma as a second line of tractors.Said they quit selling them due to customer complaints and too many warranty repairs. He even bought some of the jinma tractors back from customers due to too many break downs.

Here's a pic of the 30+ year old yanmar at work

Attachments

• IMG_20150409_184943_332.jpg
    IMG_20150409_184943_332.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 293
  • IMG_20150409_184101_600.jpg
    IMG_20150409_184101_600.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 246
   / Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #56  
There's no doubt you can have quality products produced in China. Properly hardened gears, closer tolerances, better castings, etc, But there is a price to pay for that quality.

China is manufacturing quality A/C equipment that is being sold and installed here in the U.S.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #57  
("Said they quit selling them due to customer complaints and too many warranty repairs. He even bought some of the jinma tractors back from customers due to too many break downs.")

That sounds like a good dealer when they sell tractors that dont pan out and buy them back, maybe Jinma improved by now.
Nice set of pictures of your tractor, what's the hours on it now? When my front end seals was leaking, I put a bottle of ATP AT-205 Re-Seal , been two years sofar, thought it would only last 6 months, if your hubs are tight I try that.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #58  
("Said they quit selling them due to customer complaints and too many warranty repairs. He even bought some of the jinma tractors back from customers due to too many break downs.")

That sounds like a good dealer when they sell tractors that dont pan out and buy them back, maybe Jinma improved by now.
Nice set of pictures of your tractor, what's the hours on it now? When my front end seals was leaking, I put a bottle of ATP AT-205 Re-Seal , been two years sofar, thought it would only last 6 months, if your hubs are tight I try that.

My front hub seals don't leak that bad. I'll give the stuff a try. He brings these yanmars over from japan and refurbs them. It believe mine had 1200 hrs on it.
Not long after I bought it , they tac stopped working. The dealer provided me a new tac hour meter starting with 00000

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #59  
Nortrac, Jinma, Agri Pro, Farm Pro, Foton, plus a half a dozen more are manufactured by the same coumpany who also makes Mahindra, the parts are very available through a dozen places in the states and easy to work on if needed. I would say if you ask around you will find more than one place in your area who works on them if your not mechanicaly inclinded. As for my self I work on my own for the same reason I did not spend 25 thousand on a Kabota or Deere I can not afford being retired to spend that much on a tractor or give someone 25 or 30 dollars an hour for something as a mechanic I can do my self. Tractors I have found out are like trucks if you talk to one person it has to be a Dodge but the other guy won't have anything but a chevy and you will never sell a ford man on anything but a ford, you have to judge your own situation and do whats best for you.

There isn't onecompany that makes Mahindra tractors, there are several, including, oddly, Mahindra. Some are Mitsubishi tractors! Some are made in Korea, but have Mahindra engines.

/ Ok, so whats the deal with the NorTrac tractors? #60  
My Mahindra is made in Korea by TYM with a Daedong (Kioti in the U.S.) engine. Good little unit.