Lenar Tractor problems

/ Lenar Tractor problems #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I am suprised that kubota, new holland, or john deere hasnt offered to give me a new tractor as long as I keep advertising the Lenar as an over priced bird perch which is what it really is.
)</font>

Sorry to hear about your problems . But,if you think (or hope ) that any other tractor manufacturer is going to buy you a new machine ,you don't have a real tight grip on reality . Actually up to the point you made that comment I was in your corner . But now I wonder if you didn't buy a "budget machine " Beat it to death ,and then blame the dealer . John

/ Lenar Tractor problems #12  
Sorry folks but I can't let this go !Why did it take you 4 machines to figure out that you might not have bought the tractor you wanted ?? Are you that patient ?
Some how I smell troll . John

/ Lenar Tractor problems #13  
Nixon, I think you are being to hard on Patrick. I doubt that it took him 4 tractors to figure it out,but his dealer was trying to please him so i'm sure he was patient with the dealer. Sooner or later though it dawned on him that he was stuck big time. Until you or I have been there I guess all we can do is speculate.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #14  
Just a word on the extended warranty, I know the company and we sell that warranty, not only on our Chinese tractors but it is the same company that backs KIOTI's extended warranty program.

I cannot imagine that there is not a qualified repair shop willing to take Fail-Safe's money. Of course the warranty only covers things that come up after the manufacturers warranty has expired, it is after all only an extended warranty.

These problems seem to be day one issues as documented by Patrick himself so coverage by Fail safe is probably out anyway.

The typical Chinese tractors are sold with parts only warranties by the manufacturer or distributor. The dealer is responsible for any labor warranty extened to the customer. Fail Safe will not cover labor for at least 6 months. Naturally they do not want to insure infant mortatlity issues, and in general if there are going to be problems they show up quickly when the tractor is put to use. Once any initial issues are resolved, and they are becoming less frequent on properly prepared units, people do get good service out of many different brands of Chinese tractors, including Lenar.

My contract with Lenar required us to provide labor on all units we sold. (We are no longer affiliated with Lenar, but continue to honor our warranty commitments)

Since Patrick's dealer is gone he is in a very unfortunate situation. People react differently in this situation and like Durbob says "until you or I have been there" its hard to know how we would react. Would we seek help solving the problem or vengance? I'm not here to judge.

It would have been good if Patrick had found these various boards before he purchased his tractor. I am sure he would have found advice from satisfied users of Chinese tractors who often report that they are ideal for someone who wants to save money but who in turn is willing to do some work on them from time to time.

I agree with JohnS, the dealer was (I presume) inexperienced, and should probably never have delivered a third tractor. (engine knock on first tractor may have been a rod or perhaps an injector problem, but if another unit is on hand, I can see doing the swap) As I understand the second one was replaced for "hydraulic hose failure". That seems to me that it could be repaired in the field, no point in second guessing now though.

The third tractor was broken due to improper loader mounting bracket design, having nothing to do with Lenar, (and no, it is not the customers fault either!) but the dealer made good on that one, although a more thorough pre-delivery of the 4th one may have prevented or at least mitigated the current situation.

Lenar has big plans, regional distributors, National brand status, "move over Kubota" type attitude, at least on the marketing side. I'm sure they could do something for Patrick. If not Mazama (the national importer), than the Regional distributor(s) (not necessarly Michigan as this has become a national issue) might want to make some effort to at least get this guy's tractor fixed.

But at this point, with all this public bashing, I wonder just how excited anyone is going to be to go beyond their minimal legal requriement to help ?

I am no sage, but I have learned that resolution to issues always results in both parties moving toward each other in compromise, so far no one seems to be moving on this, at least in the public eye.

Now just to clear up a remark I made earlier, not all Chinese tractors have the same warranty structure as I stated in this post, Farm Pro, and I am sure others, cover their labor to the selling dealer for the warranty term.

One of many morals to be learned by all from this saga, as it has been posted on TBN many times before: Selecting a dealer is often as important as choosing the tractor itself. And I'll add that often bigger is not necessarily better.

Sorry this got so long, I'll shut up now.

/ Lenar Tractor problems
Hello John S. Patrick here again. What I am saying is that the dealer did do what he could to rectify the problems I was having. I bought the tractor to set posts with, dig a few holes, brushhog a little, and move manure. I dont know how I could beat a tractor to death in 30 hours. That would be a record. As for someone buying me a new machine, I know that wont happen, but I am sure if that people will think twice before they buy a Lenar.
As to why it took four tractors to realize that I was stuck, in Michigan, there is no lemon law for ag equipment, so once you buy it, you are stuck with it. I could understand some people being really angry with me for putting these posts up, but lets face it. IT IS THE TRUTH!!!! Four tractors in under six months, one never even made it to the farm, the others all had a breakdown with under 5O hours on them, with a grand total of only about 120hrs of work done. The fact is that LENAR IS NOT STANDING BEHIND THERE PRODUCT.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #16  
I got the impression that you worked with the FEL manufacturer to solve those problems, ie you did the labor, they supplied parts. Maybe I mis-understood that.

If you want your tractor fixed, I think you will have to do the same, given there is no one near you that can do the repairs on the Lenar. I don't believe that any of the remaining issues are major work, that you can not do with guidance from a Lenar mechanic (phone/email/documents). I understand your feeling, that you shouldn't have to do it. If Lenar is unwilling to provide that help along with free parts (they would have to supply warrantee parts anyway) then that is a concern. They may not be willing to talk given the type of publicity you are making of it. All my suggestion really is, try your best to work it out with Ben, prior to posting. It appears you had allot of patience with your dealer, try some with Ben. If it doesn't work out, by all means post away.

If you want some help on your issues, you are welcome to post details and pics, such that other chinese tractor owners could help. We are glad to help, we just can't help with the past sins, and tire quickly of hearing it when we are trying to provide help.

PS: It was another John that suggested you abused the tractor. I don't know the specific of your implements or limits of your tractor to make that judgement. I don't believe he was trying to make that judgement either, just becomes a possibility given the post responses.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #17  
John, this sounds all to familar. If you think back to the "old CTOA" board we had a young man who bought an Avenger from TaskMasterDongFengLenar and had a very similar experience. His tractor was crap, and all he wanted was for Ben (and I'm assuming that we're talking about the same guy Patrick is dealing with) to come pick it up at his location and fix what was wrong. Instead, Ben and others from his company signed on and called him a cry baby, said he was to blame for all that was wrong and refused to do anything to rectify the problems.

Patrick, if this is the same company, I wish you good luck but ultimately if you want your tractor repaired, you'll probably end up doing the work yourself. I don't think John was suggesting that you not hold Lenar accountable for their product, but was offering his help in at least getting your tractor back to usable condition.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #18  
Yes it is the same Ben. Given that the prior blasting on the net didn't resolve anything, that is why I am suggesting the other tact. If they still don't help out, then that does say what the company is all about. It becomes way too much of a pattern to ignore.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yes it is the same Ben. Given that the prior blasting on the net didn't resolve anything, that is why I am suggesting the other tact. If they still don't help out, then that does say what the company is all about. It becomes way too much of a pattern to ignore. )</font>
Yup.

Makes me glad I just bought a KAMA

//greg//

/ Lenar Tractor problems
HEllo all, this is Patrick Webb again. I have not been on here in a while because I was trying to work with Lenar to get my problems resolved. What I found out was very disheartening. Ben would not talk to me, so I had to speak with Berry Summer or Summers,(we will just call him Berry) but what he told me repeatedly was that taking care of the problems with my tractor falls entirely on my dealer who you all know is out of business. Well I was willing to drive to Indiana to a Lenar dealer who is 5 hours away to have him fix the problem. LOL, would you believe that all Lenar dealers are under no obligation to work on a Lenar tractor that they did not sell. Can you believe this!!!!!! The dealer in Indiana said that his insurance would not cover it, even if I drove it to him so he could fix it!!!!! Berry said that he will give me all the technical support and replacement parts under warranty. Just tell him what I need. Well my engine is leaking oil from more than one location, litterally sweating engine oil so I told him my problem. His reply, "Yeah, you need to fix that, what do you need?" I said "a new engine." No dice was his reply, you need to have a mechanic look at it, well my dealer is out of business and there are no mechanics that take the FailSafe warranty and those that do accept the warranty, wont look at it. So what am I to do????? Berry did say that he would sue me for liable and slander if I bad mouthed Lenar anymore. Good, he can sue me for 10k and I will give him his tractor back if he wins. What I am saying here is the truth. Even Lenars own dealers are under no obligation to work on Lenar tractors that they did not sell!!!!! God help me with this situation. I have a tractor that I can not get fixed, a warranty that is no good and I feel like I have been really frauded in the belief that the Lenar would back up there products. By the way, Lenar is part of Mazama products, and Mazama handles Taskmaster tractors. Buyers beware.
If anybody feels that they can help or would like to speak to me in person, please contact me at
1 734 439 0686
Patrick Webb
14659 Borso Dr
Milan, Mi 48160