Lenar Tractor problems

/ Lenar Tractor problems
Hello, all of you are right, I should hold Mazama and Ben and part of me wants to hold my dealer that is out of business responsible. I am a blue collared, American and a vet. I would have been happy if I could have just gotten this thing fixed when I started all of this. I guess reality is setting in on me, see, the tractor is still under the manufactures warranty, I have that Failsafe that backs that up, or is supposed to. Getting it fixed should have been easy, even if I had to drive 5 hours. My feelings for my dealer is he took a venture into selling Lenars, almost talked me into becoming a dealer for lower Michigan, but I am one customer that had trouble with the tractor and it cost him 4 of them, granted one of the problems was his mistake, but the hydraulic lines, the tractor was blowing the main hyd line because of a fault with the tph. Regardless, if I had this much trouble, I have to wonder who else he sold to had this much trouble, did he find himself doing to much repair, and not enough sales??? Do I really want to force him to work on a tractor that he wants nothing more to do with??? With the publicity that this has gotten, is there a lenar dealer that would fix it without resentment. I do not feel that I am asking for something that I do not deserve, but you are right, the dealers out there trying to take care of their customers, do they deserve to be targeted????? They are probably just like me, trying to make a living, but what happens if they go out of business or retire, we all deserve to retire someday, who will work on the tractors that they have sold???? I think the people should know this policy of (Not my tractor, not my problem). Chip, you are one hell of a guy and I could not just let you take a hit in your pocket to fix Mazamas mistake. I am not that type of guy, I am sure if I had you fix it, I would compensate you in some way for it. BUT WHY CANT MAZAMA AND LENAR TAKE THE STAND. I did hear this rumor from a FEL dealer that just came back from OR. He drove by the Hqs of Mazama, and he has heard that the Lenar is not passing the EPA regulations and probably wont be imported anymore!!!!!! That is why Mazama is pushing the Taskmaster so hard!!!!! SO Lenar Dealers, if this is true, what happens to parts and suport, and are you willing to just change brands if this happens???? This really is not looking good for anybody. I hope some light gets shed on this new finding as well.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #32  
If Mazama Products had a clue, they would have offered to repair the tractor to customer satisfaction even if it involved having it shipped to the next closest dealer or bought it back. The bad PR has got to be costing them mucho $ . Seems it would be hard to build up a brand that they advertise as one of the greatest compacts out of China with this mess just going on & on. Many people have the opinion that Chinese made products are of inferior quality & allowing this to carry on isn't changing that.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #33  
</font> <font color="blueclass=small">( I did hear this rumor from a FEL dealer that just came back from OR. He drove by the Hqs of Mazama, and he has heard that the Lenar is not passing the EPA regulations and probably wont be imported anymore!!!!!! ) </font>

That is interesting, since that is one of the main things they were touting as a advantage. Ie tractor made by same company as the engine. EPA approval immenent, but do not see it on their website now.

I did see this, which this page was updated on May 13, 04:
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Compare and you decide:
Lenar Tractors:
Jiangling Tractors builds the the Lenar tractor in a new modern factory that used Ford Motor Co. quality control procedures. Lenar tractors have the support of the Jiangling Motors Co., Group with asset of over 7 billion. <font color="red"> Lenar tractor distributors must prove financial ability to support the tractors after the sale. </font> Lenar Equipment Llc. maintains a national parts distribution warehouse. Lenar tractors are presently covered by a full 2 year parts warranty issued by the manufacturer and labor warranties are required to be provided by the dealer/seller.
)</font>

This was also there, which has been on Taskmaster's site as well:
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Typical Chinese Tractor (Jinma, Shenniu, Taishan, etc.):
Your typical Chinese tractor is made in a 40 to 50 year old factory using methods long ago found not to be dependable, The tractors have very limited assembly quality control, no check lists and no finished tractor testing. For these reasons the typical Chinese tractor has extremely high failure rates. The typical Chinese tractor factory will sell to anyone that has the money for a container of tractors. These factories have no concern for the client, US law or even for product quality control as they see this a being the sole responsibility of the importer. The factory has no risk as they are paid before the tractors leave the factory so there is no reason to assist when there is a problem, and there will be. Most of these tractors are being sold by dreamers out of their garage who may or may not be knowledgeable on tractors. They normally have no spare parts or only limit spare parts and since the factory is not represented the only warranty and support available is from the person selling the tractor.
)</font>
I guess they never heard about Jinma building a new modern factory a couple of years ago! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

PS: A google search of Lenar + tractor, locates this thread at the top of the list!
Google Lenar + Tractor

Opps! editing messed up all the fonts and colors, and can't seem to get it back!!

/ Lenar Tractor problems #34  
The main point in support of Patrick's position, as I see it, is that Lenar has tried to position itself as a different breed of Chinese tractor with ties to Ford quality controls and a dealer network of support. Patrick's experience indicates that may be a lot of marketing baloney. I understand your point of not wanting another dealer to suffer because of Lenar's national distributor's lack of response to this issue, but the fact remains that Lenar has tried to position itself as a nationwide, dealer supported, Chinese brand of tractor, whether or not that is how it really works. You mention the Coopers, and I am surprised that they have kept out of this discussion because they have a lot invested in protecting Lenar's reputation. They are an advertiser on this Forum and the last time I drove by their place they had a lot of new inventory on the lot. They are good folks and I'd hate to see them harmed by this. I'm surprised that they have no comment since Patrick has clearly been in contact with them and they must be aware of this thread.

FarmNut

/ Lenar Tractor problems #35  
I am a Chinese tractor outsider looking in so maybe someone like JohnS can educate me. It appears that anyone willing to import them can import Jinmas and call them RuralKing, EmeryBuilt, FarmPro or whatever. FarmPro backed by Homier having the widest reaching warranty and service plan. Lenar tractors are brought in by Mazama only and distributed to their dealers. There set up most closely resembles what we are accustomed to with cars, motorcycles, and tractors. One would think that is you by a Lenar that the Lenar corporate headquarters would at least take care of you if one of their dealers went belly up. We just bought a new Ford F150. If Long Lewis Ford goes out of business, I know that I can take that truck to another Ford dealer for warranty work. I know if I buy a Jinma from an independent importer that he is my sole source for warranty work, but the Lenar system seems to be a little misleading.

/ Lenar Tractor problems
Hello again, I hate to make a mistake but apparently I have, that mistake was making the statement that my ex dealer is selling Kama's. I must have gotten my wires crossed. Jim Travioli is not selling anything, he is completely out of business. He contacted me to set me straight on that. I said it before and I will say it again, he did what he could to help me and honor his obligations with this tractor. But I think if the truth be told, this tractor, or this brand of tractor put him out of business. Jim, I am sorry for the mistake.

/ Lenar Tractor problems
Ps. The guy from RI that called me, please leave your number, I will call you back. I have free long distance, and I have something to tell you. Thanks
Patrick

/ Lenar Tractor problems #38  
Yes, you have it right. I don't agree with Lenar mkting, but apparently how their contracts are written, it is the dealers responsibility for labor. I understand that many people could/would assume it would be like car dealerships. But if support was going to be an issue for this buyer, a number of warning signs were there. Lenar has only been around a couple of years. Very limited number of dealers. His next dealer is in another state. So even if they would honor it, it he would be significantly impacted to take it to another state. From his posts, he initially refused to take it out of state, wanted them to come there. Then he was willing when he found out that the dealer in Indiana would not work on it and not required to. Lenar is taking a significant hit on this, and maybe it will be enough for them to change their policies. If the policy is changed, I doubt he is going to be happy with taking the tractor to Indiana, anyway.

I think the issue is the person wants to get the tractor taken back and Lenar pay off his loan. He is not really interested in getting it fixed. His ex-dealer is selling another chinese tractor brand, probably as unsupported as the Lenars he sold. If he wants it repaired, he should take it to his ex-dealer, who should perform the work under the FailSafe warrantee, and Lenar will supply the parts. If his dealer services him, there is no issue.

IMHO, this has become just tactics to get his tractor bought back. The bad publicity is just being used to force a desired outcome.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #39  
Well, it keeps a changing! I can't keep up anymore. Good luck with your quest.

PS: RI? Hmmm, I know of at least one person there, that is not a big fan of Roger! If it is who I think, he will provide you allot of insight into who you are dealing with.

/ Lenar Tractor problems
John, I listed in my earlier post that I had made the mistake of saying that my ex dealer is selling another tractor. I WAS WRONG, he is totally out of business and in worse shape than what I am in. I AM UPSET WITH THIS TRACTOR BECAUSE OF THE COMPANY IN THAT IF THEY WOULD HAVE WORKED WITH ME TO FIX IT, I WOULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY. I GOT FED UP WITH THE OIL LEAKING AND DECIDED THAT I WOULD GO TO INDIANA AND JUST HAVE IT FIXED, IT WOULD HAVE MADE ME HAPPY, AND MY WIFE HAPPY, BUT WHEN I CALLED BEFORE I LEFT TO GO DOWN THERE, THAT IS WHEN I GOT HIT WITH 'NOT MY TRACTOR, NOT MY PROBLEM' . IN CONFIRMING THIS WITH LENAR THEMSELVES, I SAW THAT I AM NOW STUCK AND STUCK HARD, I WOULD HAVE NEVER EVER BOUGHT THIS KNOWING THAT THERE WAS NO SUPPORT. THE SIGNS YOU SAY WERE THERE WERE OBSCURED BY A FAIL SAFE WARRANTY AND LENARS "COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION". IN WAYS YOU HAVE BACKED ME, NOW I REALLY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE AGAINST ME. CAN I ASK IF YOU OWN A DEALERSHIP THAT COULD BE HURT BY THIS???? WOULD YOU ALLOW YOUR BEST FREIND TO PURCHASE A LENAR??? WOULD YOU SELL OR DO YOU SELL LENARS? IF YOU ANSWER NO TO ANY OF THE LATTER QUESTIONS, THEN ANSWER WHY THEY SHOULD BE SOLD PERIOD IF IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD BUY/SELL OR ALLOW SOMEONE ELSE TO BUY?????