Lenar Tractor problems

/ Lenar Tractor problems #1  

hick11h1369

Banned
Hello, my name is Patrick, I live in Michigan. I like many wanted a tractor for use on my horse farm, but didnt want to pay the price for a tractor from the major companies so I bought a brand new lenar tractor. Well, that was when my trouble started because in a period of 6 months, I have had a total of 4 of these POS. The dealer was about 120 miles from me, and the first tractor started to have an engine knock right after we loaded it on my trailer. The dealer said no problem, I will give you a new one, come back next week. Well he did give me a new one, and that one lasted a total of about 36 hrs because it blew 3 hydraulic hoses befor he came to pick it up and replace it with another new one. The one he dropped off to me broke in half at the transmission housing at about 40 hrs. So here he comes again with a new one. That one wouldnt go and still doesnt go into four wheel drive, plus it has a major oil leak and hydraulic leaks. And are you ready for this, it only has 36 hrs on it!!!!! Now I am stuck with this POS because he is out of business, no warranty, and the brand new warranty I have from FAIL SAFE was a sensless buy because no one will work on the tractor. There is a dealer in Memphis that said he will work on it, just bring it with me the next time I come to Tennessee. IF I had this to do over again, I would have bought me a shovel or a tractor from a major company. I know, you get what you pay for, but this is rediculous. None of the tractors worked the way they should have, they all had miss aligned prox switches for the tail lights, all had some sort of oil leak or hydraulic leak. Chinese tractors need to stay in China in the rice fields, they can not handle the hard american soil.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #2  
Patrick,

If you want the distributer to try to help you out, given your dealer is out of business, you might want to focus your discussions with Ben, vs just bad mouthing their product all over the web. In all your posts, at the other tractor site, you even admit that most of the issue could have been YOUR dealer. This type of post, will not bring back or even hurt your ex dealer. What are the issues that remain? It sounds like the FEL has been taken care of. Engine oil leak, hyd oil leak, and some minor electrical issues is what you have left, correct? Did Lenar refuse to help walk you through how to repair these items? Are they refusing to provide you parts? If you have made every effort to work with them, instead of against them, and they refuse to help in the least, then that is worth posting. Otherwise this post just does a big dis-service to all the "good" chinese tractor dealers out there. While I am certainly not defending Lenar, but you need to give them a chance.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #3  
It sounds like me that he has given them 4 chances. I've read all his other posts too and i don't think it was all the dealers fault. It sounds to me like Ben could be doing a lot more than he is. Patrick even bought an extended warranty and can't get anybody to work on it. I guess all Lenar really wants is your money,then you're on your own. I think the dealer went way beyond the call of duty on this one.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #4  
Durbob,

I don't think the extended warrantee is through Lenar, I believe it is one of those "generic" ones. When I was initialy looking at tractors, some dealers offered these. When I checked with every local dealership/mechanic, I could not find anyone that supported it. Another words, its a worthless warrantee that his ex dealer sold. If it a Lenar extended warrantee, than that does change my opinion on that.

Trust me, there is no love lost between Ben and myself. We have had a few interesting discussions over the years. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif On the prior tractors, I agree that there might have been some issues that would fall on Lenar (engine knock), but it is hard to say without more details. ie what specificly was dealer prep suppose to be, was the fel authorized and installed correctly, what was hyd plumbing used, training provided, etc. The prior tractors are water under the bridge. I am trying to understand what major issues remain with the current tractor and has he been in contact with Ben to help resolve. Or are we just looking for a full refund? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif If he is looking for help resolving the last remaining issues, and is getting nowhere with Lenar, post some pictures and specific info, and there are many that will try to help.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #5  
JohnS,you are right about the warranty being a generic one. I was just stating his frustration that even that was of no use. I guess i'm from the old school. If i was a distributor he would be taken care of until he was satisfied. Whatever that comprised of. . It's just hard for me to believe that Ben couldn't do something more to help. He might only be one customer but you can already see how far reaching of an impact one customer could have.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #6  
Yes, it appears that way, but the two parties need to be talking and listening before much will get done. I am not sure what it would take to satisfy the customer at this point, outside of a full refund. That maybe too much to expect from the distributer. I would expect that they can help clean-up the remaining issues, though.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #7  
Not to make light of you dilema, but I once laid eyes on a differnent brand of chinese tractor.... it had about 36 hrs on it too...After inspection of the tractor a coworker wondered out loud... " I wonder if that is an hour meter or a countdown timer for the life it has left..." /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just a touch of humor.... but seriuosly though.... Hope it gets worked out. Noone wants to be out that kinda money.

/ Lenar Tractor problems #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It sounds like me that he has given them 4 chances. I've read all his other posts too and i don't think it was all the dealers fault. It sounds to me like Ben could be doing a lot more than he is. Patrick even bought an extended warranty and can't get anybody to work on it. I guess all Lenar really wants is your money,then you're on your own. I think the dealer went way beyond the call of duty on this one. )</font>

I dont even think so.

Buy a New Holland or Kubota

/ Lenar Tractor problems #9  
Let me clarify my impressions of the dealer. My impression is that this was a brand new dealer, not familiar with tractors and more specificly chinese tractors. The dealer tried to make a decent go of it, and tried to satisfy his customer. Four tractors, his heart had to be in it. This was to be a sideline to his nursery business. He was not expecting to deal with this many issues, and might not have had all the training etc needed. It sounds like after one load, he determined that this was a mistake, and decideded to get out of it. Even his call to sell the warrantee, I don't feel was a deliberate attempt to rip him off. I think he was genuinely trying to see that his customers were not comepletely stuck. He probably didn't research if the service would be accepted by any in the area. The warrantee probably looks great on paper. The dealer has probably lost money on this short experience. See, I give him the benefit of the doubt, but many of the issues can certainly be from lack of experience.

/ Lenar Tractor problems
Hello John S, this is Patrick again, I am sure that you mean well by your advice and that you are curious about what other "issues" I have left with this tractor. I cant help but feel that you somewhat feel like I should deal with these problems and fix them myself. I am sure of my ability to do so, but my subconscious thoughts are " WHY SHOULD I FIX THESE PROBLEMS WHEN I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR A TRACTOR AND AN EXTENDED WARRANTY THAT THE DISTRIBUTOR/IMPORTER IS OFFERING WITH THE TRACTORS THAT ARE BEING SOLD RIGHT NOW. I understand that I have to do preventive maint. and oil changes, that is on me, but these problems that I have left are not loose bolts, the engine is leaking oil from behind the oil filter, the engine block is literally sweating engine oil, the guages dont read right at all, the battery either wont take a charge or the tractor isnt charging the battery, the three point hitch has a problem as well, one of the arms keep drifting down, I fixed that by putting two wheels on the front of the brush hog. My point is I keep working around problems that somebody should be answering for. I am not shy, I gave Lenar my telephone number, my email and I did speak with Ben the day he decided that I was a BIG COMPLAINER. I may be only one farmer, but I have had 4 tractors, I have earned my right to speak the trueth about this brand of tractors. I even posted the same posts on the www.lenartractor.com Lenar hasnt even taken them down. To all out there thinking of buying a tractor, they should also think about who will work on it and stand behind it. With all my contact info out there, why hasnt Ben called me. I am suprised that kubota, new holland, or john deere hasnt offered to give me a new tractor as long as I keep advertising the Lenar as an over priced bird perch which is what it really is. If you were me, what would it take to make you happy????