Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Jinma 284

Default Re: Lenar Tractor problems

Yes, you were posting while I was still typing. I am not sure how the mis-communication happened, in business, out of business, bankrupt, not bankrupt, etc, but it happened.

I am NOT a dealer, importer, exporter, factory rep, for any chinese tractor. I am a Jimna tractor owner who imported directly from china. I maintain a personnel website to help support other Jinma owners and for others to determine if a Jinma tractor is right for them. This is at my expense, and receive no outside donations, nor want any. So, no I am not effected by the outcome of this, one way or another. Just trying to decipher the info provided, and state my opinion from that.

For a friend or anyone considering a chinese tractor, I will give my opinion, if asked. I would tell them any good or bad points, from my perspective. I would discuss level of support needed and possible issues. But, I don't make decisions for them. Some purchase tractors and are happy, and others shy away and get something more suited to their needs.

Now if you had contacted me, asking about Lenar, I would have told you that I have no real world experience with this tractor. I would tell you I don't believe the marketing hype, and suspect it to be on the same lines as other chinese tractors, as far as quality and reliability. I would have recommended talking to the Cooper's as far as an experienced dealer. I believe they were one of the first to carry the Lenar. BTW, I have heard from a few happy Lenar owners, and also the precurser from the same factory, prior to name change. You are the first to voice having such problems, that I have seen. I would have warned you about possible support issues, and what you would need to investigate further. I personally didn't know about the dealers could refuse to work on other Lenar tractors. But your dealer did know about this clause. He signed the contract. He did not discuss this with you prior to the sale, I take it.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

All around.. sounds like a bad ( unfortunate ) situation for all involved.

For plain old out damage control.. would lenar warranty the damaged parts if you had a mechanic that would work on it.. at your expense? For instance.. could you find an equipment dealer that services other models that would do the work if you walk in with parts? Where I live there are quite a few generic agg repair shops. As an alternative.. would the dealer in indiana get the parts warrantied from lenar.. and perhaps cut you some kind of deal on the labor.. maybee not free.. but at least reduced? If so.. that may be the best way out of a bad scenerio that only otherwise is getting worse.

At this point.. that tractor is an investment and you need to protect it. You don't want to be stuck with a non running piece of cast iron and have a monthly payment for it.. either get it fixed to use.. or get it fixed and sell it when you can re-coup your money.

If the other dealer will do this.. try to get a ballpark estimate of repairs.. and figure in your travel expense. compair that with a local repair cost.. assuming in both cases that you are gonna get warrantied parts if a mechanic will tell lenar what you need. Chose cheapest method...

Good luck

Soundguy

Tractor
    1998 Kubota L2900GST

I've followed this across several boards and thought I'd throw my hat in the ring.

First is the question of whether other Lenar dealers are required to work on units they did not sell. When Yamaha was introduced to the US a local business man bought a franchise and had one of the largest dealerships in SE Iowa. He was not required to work on anyone's bike except those that he sold. This was part of his original contract and he operated under those agreements until he died. "did you buy your bike here?" "nope" "then take it somewhere else." He was considered an SOB by most everyone except by those who bought bikes from him, if you bought your bike from him he provided exceptional service and won numerous awards from Yamaha. So, the "all Ford garages service all Fords" arguement isn't always true.

Second, you've never really answered the question of why your out of business dealer won't take Lenar's money to fix your tractor. If he was the mechanic for his own dealership he must know how to repair tractors (assumption mine). If he's as pissed off at Lenar as you are why not put the Failsafe warrenty into effect, examine the unit and pronounce the only fix is a new engine? He could recover some of his losses through labor payments, you'd get your tractor fixed.

If I had a $10,000 albatros hanging around my neck I'd do everything and anything to get it running to either use it or sell it. Making redundant posts on the internet and hauling it around the country for display will accomplish nothing.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Jinma's and Guilin Dozers

Hi Patrick,,,

These tractors are simple enough for any competent mechanic to service with the books that came with them.
    Here's what I suggest you do. Go and talk to small independent auto repair shops in your area. The kind that
    will do general repairs on anything. Explain the situation
    about having Fail Safe (if it applies now) and ask them for
    some help. I bet you will find a shop who will see it as a
    challange. Remember, they work on cars all day and this
    is something new. Ask them to evaluate the specific problems, look at the parts book and tell you what you need.
    Call Berry back and give him the list. Remeber too that some
    of the parts you need may be easier to make or otherwise source locally. The goal here is to exit the vicious cycle of
    "go to your dealer" - "I don't have a dealer". and get your tractor fixed. Give it a whirl and let us know. I sell Jinma's but I'd be happy to try and help you over the phone or via E-Mail if you like..

Regards
    Graham Slieker
    Bolton Power Equipment

God bless you Patrick. The wind you feel at your ears is the
    vortex of my rushing away from all Lenar tractors and any Dealer that includes them in his line up. I don't give a @#$
    about the details of the dealer ageement with Lenar nor the
    business problems of the dealer, or any of the fine arguments and points of view expressed in this forum. At the end of the day, you got screwed and Lenar is not willing to make it right.

I don't care if it cost them $250k to to make it right! I EXPECT them to do so!

Any Dealer that remains in business with these weasles will not get my business. Yes, They should buy your tractor back and with interest, pain and suffering and inconvienous included. How dare them! I see this as Lenar's problem and wish I could sit on a jury pannel in a suit you might bring against them. The letter of the law and the judges instructions
    would do little to prevent me from doing what is right by you.
    That by the way is Why we have a jury of peers, to but
    common sense back in th law!

Their contracts and obligations to whomever are poor shields (thought may be legal) to hide behind. But that is typical of the lowest of the low.... to do only just what is legal rather than what is right. Letting the law determain what is moral is the course of small men.

I resently ask a friend, "how much would your pay to satisfy a complaint against you by an Ebay customer to prevent "negative feedback"? Lets assume you are in "the right and can prove it". Would you take a $200 lose?
    $500? What is you name worth?

Well, Lenar has no way of understanding the concepts in that question, now do they. I am going to spend $8000 to $10k for a tractor soon. I have learned a lot from the crooks that have legally stole from you. Thanks for posting it.
    In doing so, you have answered to a higher calling.

May you soon see justice.

JPP

Patrick I'm really sorry to hear about all your problems. My wife and I own a small horse farm as well(recently purchased) and I am looking at trading in the old JD that I have for something newer that is easier to drive. She won't drive the JD. As we are not rich, I have tried to research the affordable tractors. I must say I really feel for you. I have been in your shoes and know the frustration all to well. I don't think you're whinning or belly aching and am all for you showing that lemon off. I can't believe that not one other dealer would "step up" to just fix this thing. Sufice it to say that I will not be purchasing ANY thing produced by Lenar. I have not seen one reason to do so. As the one gentlemen said about knowing others who have had good luck with the Lenar's well all I can say is it sounds like they better thank their lucky stars. It's isn't always about the product, but how those that have taken your money for that product(this goes way beyond the dealer as he had to pay some one else for this product) stand behind it. So far that appears to be a "nonexistant line". Really sorry to hear about all your troubles and I hope some where, some one will step up and just take care of this for you. Seems like SOME ONE at Lenar would won't this to go away. You can rest assured that I will make sure everyone I know who is in the market will here about your experience. I just wonder how much this will cost them in sales when they could have done so much more for their image to just help you out. As I said the dealer is unimportant as he had to buy it from "some one else". It is that "some one else" that I would have thought would be smarter about this type of "PR". Well good luck and it appears there's a bunch of us pulling for you.

Silver Member

I would like to thank the dealers on here offering their services to this gentleman

Silver Member
    Tractor
    KAMA 354C

The print I'm reading says this thread started almost 2 years ago and has been dormant for almost that long.

Hopefully this guy got all his problems resolved since then.

Tim

Tractor
    2003 JM 224, LN1714 Kioti

I agree. Something strange here. New members registering and only posting I post on the day they register.
    I could be wrong but?????something ain't right.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 2240, Long 445, KAMA TS354C

I plan on posting more once I get my tractor and have some questions [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've been lurking here and CTOA for several months, just reading and learning. Right now don't have much tractor related, just hi from KY [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast