Jinma 284 air box mod suggestion?

/ Jinma 284 air box mod suggestion? #1  

fidowanttobe

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 284 2007 Massey Harris 44 Special
Looking for someone who has suggestions on how to do this as I do not want to reinvent the wheel. Would like to move the airbox closer to the manifold under the hood, away from the radiator and have the air intake preferably above the hood. Would also like you to replace the cheesy airbox also. Don't feel like scrounging scrap yards, bracket fabs won't be a problem. Thanks in advance.

/ Jinma 284 air box mod suggestion? #2  
Only thing I can think of doing with out spending a lot of money would be to do a oil bath type filter. That way you can use a vertical in let. ????

/ Jinma 284 air box mod suggestion? #4  
Hey, that's my tractor:) You beat me too it Quicksand. Simple inexpensive mod, been running lke that without an issue for 12 years now... Makes keeping the inlet screen clean way easier.

/ Jinma 284 air box mod suggestion?
Thanks guys, Yes that is what I am looking for. But, I still want to delete the factory can. Oil bath? Sure but pricey. Looking more toward the "Donaldson" line of aftermarket dry filter housings but only a million to choose from. Ideally with a pre-filter on the inlet above or at least outside the hood. This would require a very flexible hose for thru the hood, or a rigid cobbled pvc thing out the side like the muffler is. Recently got elected to do a large amount of bush hoggin on a regular basis and my tractor is in a dust storm when I do that area. Gonna hafta do some more head scratchin on this.

Is Mr Bob Rooks available?? I believe he did this years ago but can't find it.