Rhino International 404 Hydraulic pump help?

/ Rhino International 404 Hydraulic pump help? #1  

hellix2484

Tractor
Rhino international 404
Hello all, first time poster here.

So I have a 1996 Rhino International 404 tractor that I use for light duty work around my home. I have about 6 acres I live on and some hunting property (28 acres) that I manage as well. I have been using the tractor to clear about a half acre next to my house when the hydraulic pump stopped working, the front end loaded would no longer work and I was unable to raise or lower the brush hog I was using at the time either. after disconnecting the hog I drove the tractor back to the garage and by the time I got back to there the hydraulic pump was literally smoking.

Will I need to replace the whole pump or would a local shop be able to re-build it?

/ Rhino International 404 Hydraulic pump help? #2  
Most likely replace if it got that hot. You will also need to determine if the problem was internal or external. IE: Did the pump fail or did something else in the system kill it... First check would be the hydraulic sump. IS there fluid, and if so, is it at the proper level? You could have dumped all your fluid somewhere and the pump was running dry...

Good luck