Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment?

/ Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment? #1  

Monongahela

Tractor
Jinma 28 HP, Craftsman Yard Tractor
What's the right setting for front tire alignment after replacing the front drag link bar?

I hit a stump and bent the front drag link bar on my Jinma 254 so much that I couldn't clear the drive housing to remove it. Instead I had to cut the bar with a grinder and replace it with a new bar.

The new bar threaded on nicely, and I tightened things up to where I "think" the original bar was set (I took note of the lock nut positions before removing the damaged bar). But as I have it set now, the front tires are turned inward, maybe a little too aggressively. When I drive the tractor and turn left or right, the "outside" tire turns in much more aggressively than the inside tire, to the point that it is tearing up sod if I turn on the grass (I do have ag tires).

In this photo the tires don't look turned in at all, but they are. So, what's the right alignment for front tires on a Jinma 254 (or similar)? Should they be straight on? Toed in? Or toed out somewhat?

20170624_201301.jpg

Thanks.
Mono

Last edited:
   / Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment? #2  
I bend mine on my tractor once. I had straighten it, then weld an angle iron on it.
They made these drag link in a soft steel quality.
The adjustment is around 1/8 in (3mm) inward on the front.

/ Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment?
Wow, 3mm huh? I think I'm a lot farther in than that. I'll have to tweak it later today. Where do you take that measurement from? Somewhere on the tie rod or linkage?

/ Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment? #4  
Just scribe a mark on both tire around the same place then measure in front then in the back. This is not critical as these machines didn't go very fast.

/ Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment?
Just scribe a mark on both tire around the same place then measure in front then in the back. This is not critical as these machines didn't go very fast.

OK, gotcha. Thanks.

/ Jinma 254 Front Drag Link Replaced. Tire alignment? #6  
I kept pretzeling mine on stumps also. Wound up cutting the threaded ends off and inserting them in a slightly larger tube and welding them in place. 1/8-1/4 toe-in should be what you are looking for if I recall correctly. Also check that your ball-ends are tight as this can cause you to mis-adjust it...