Jinma 354 Steering Problems

/ Jinma 354 Steering Problems
I'm losing confidence in the hydraulic shop that treats me like an idiot when I ask them questions and try to spend my money there. I had taken it to my local hydraulic shop and placed the piston and body on the counter and it was their 'expert' that sold me O rings. After two hours of searching the net for O rings sized so that they could possibly work, I concluded there was never any rings on that part. I came back here and you had already told me that.

piston.JPG

valve.JPG

I bought a set of snap ring pliers and removed the C-clip from the inlet end of the block. The piston went in no problem. Put it back together and problem solved. Lots of power in the power steering. Just debris in the valve I guess.

So, for future researchers, there are no rubber seals or Orings anywhere inside there. Even the pressure relief is a metal on metal seal.

Thanks for your wisdom.

/ Jinma 354 Steering Problems #12  
   / Jinma 354 Steering Problems #13  
I'm losing confidence in the hydraulic shop that treats me like an idiot when I ask them questions and try to spend my money there. I had taken it to my local hydraulic shop and placed the piston and body on the counter and it was their 'expert' that sold me O rings. After two hours of searching the net for O rings sized so that they could possibly work, I concluded there was never any rings on that part. I came back here and you had already told me that.

View attachment 515712

View attachment 515713

I bought a set of snap ring pliers and removed the C-clip from the inlet end of the block. The piston went in no problem. Put it back together and problem solved. Lots of power in the power steering. Just debris in the valve I guess.

So, for future researchers, there are no rubber seals or Orings anywhere inside there. Even the pressure relief is a metal on metal seal.

Thanks for your wisdom.

Hey, I know this is a super old post, but how did you eventually get this resolved? My diverter valve on my 284 that looks very similar to yours isnt supplying pressure to the hydraulic steering cylinder and I am trying to figure out if a rebuild is possible

/ Jinma 354 Steering Problems #14