Ag King 2840

/ Ag King 2840 #1  

fishmanwill

Tractor
Ag King 2840
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2006 Ag King 2840 with a Koyker 140 loader. It has 199 hours and the engine runs good, shifts smoothly, and the PTO works. The problem is that hydraulic pump went out and the guy I bought it from had taken it off a couple of years ago and never put it back on, nor does he know where it was at. So now the problem, I just have a hole on the side of the engine and the hydraulic line running to the back to the rest of the hydraulics and that it is. What parts am I going to need to replace the pump and getting it working? If you can help me with a list of all the parts I will need, as I have no clue, this is the first time working with tractor hydraulics. Also where is a good place to get parts for this tractor? Thanks. I have attached a picture of the place the hydraulic pump should be and I can see a gear inside the hole, but that is it. Please help me identify all the parts I am going to need, so I can be sure to get them all ordered correctly.

Attachments

• pump hole.jpg
    pump hole.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
   / Ag King 2840 #2  
That's not a pretty picture. :eek:
Going by the rust on the gear teeth you might want to check the sump for water before getting too involved in pump/parts purchases. Even looks like the pump mounting bolts have been sheared off. :(

Perhaps you could also delete your duplicate thread?

/ Ag King 2840
Good Morning Spanner, Thanks for the reply. I drained the oil before I even started it and there was no water in the oil, so I think I am good there. The rust was just surface rust on that section of the gear, once it started and ran the other parts of the gear were oily and not rusty, that part that had just been exposed to the air was rusty and the oil was gone from that area. So I think that the gear is ok and I dont think water got in the oil or engine at all. As for the bolts that are sheard off, those are the two little stubs sticking out at the 12 o clock position and the 6 o clock position?

/ Ag King 2840 #6  
Yep, not only are you missing the pump, but the whole pump drive assembly. The pump has a shaft with a little square key on the end. This plugs into an assembly that has a slot to engage the key. That assembly has a gear that engages the gear seen thru the opening in your picture. Tommy has what you need...

/ Ag King 2840
Got it all replaced and back together thanks to affordable tractor and Tommy over there. Answered all my questions and had all the parts.