3-Point Hitch Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #1  

suncoast tractor

Tractor
Rhino Inter 324*3024
HI

I have a Rhino 324 with a back hoe and loader attachment. We were having some trouble with the main gearbox allowing to put in gear. Adjusted the clutch and tractor engages and moves both ways. The trouble we are having now is that the PTO and hydraulics do not engage or work. I know there is a secondary clutch but am thinking this is not the issue as there is power to the drive wheels. If the primary is engaging the secondary should be also. The PTO lever is engaged and can feel it mesh into gear. I am now thinking this could be a hydraulic issue with the pump. Does this tractor need to have hydraulic pump working to engage the PTO? How else can I trouble shoot this problem.

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #2  
Does the backhoe operate from the tractor hydraulics or does it utilize a PTO driven hydraulic pump?
I understand that the loader probably operates from the tractor hydraulics, which are directly driven from the engine.

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics
the back hoe runsoff hydrualic pump attached to the pto. The hydrailic for the tractor is not working. Does PTO require hydraulics from the tractor pump or is th PTO completly mechanical? The front bucket will not lift and 3 point wont lift either.

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #4  
I forgot to mention - :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

The hydrailic for the tractor runs off a hydrolick pump attached to the engine.
The PTO is strictly mechanical.

Are you people really a tractor repair service in Florida?

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics
I forgot to mention - :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

The hydrailic for the tractor runs off a hydrolick pump attached to the engine.
The PTO is strictly mechanical.

Are you people really a tractor repair service in Florida?

No just trying to fix are tractor and thepump located above pto is not pumping the pto is not turning and a bit confused trying to sort out and troubleshoot.

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #6  
No just trying to fix are tractor and thepump located above pto is not pumping the pto is not turning and a bit confused trying to sort out and troubleshoot.

The old rhino flyer i have says the 324 has a live PTO With 2 stage clutch, there should be a lever to engage the PTO Hopefully the 2 stage clutch is ok and adjusted properly

Attachments

• rhino flyer  001.jpg
    rhino flyer 001.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 463
   / Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #7  
Yep, the pto pressure plate hangs off of the main pressure plate. It could be that the main plate is gripping it's disc but the PTO plate is not gripping it's disc. Have you removed the PTO pump in the back? I would start there, pull the pump, find a piece of metal that fits the slot inside on the end of the shaft and try and rotate the piece of metal/shaft(use a wrench). If you can rotate the shaft either the PTO is disengaged, or the PTO clutch disc is slipping. If you cannot rotate it, remove the piece of metal and start the tractor, does it rotate with the engine. IF so the problem lies in the pump/hydraulics

Don't recall if the PTO speed selector(540/1000 RPM) effects that pump drive shaft(don't think it does), but the speed selector on my tractor has a neutral position between the two speeds and that will keep the PTO output shaft from rotating...

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #8  
Ron, Isn't there two PTO's?
One live upper one that goes straight through and connects directly to the flywheel and turns at engine speed all the time with the tang drive? And the lower one with the 1-3/8" six spline output shaft which would be connected to the PTO pressure plate and runs through the 540/720 r/m gears?
If the pump is directly mounted to the upper tang drive, I believe it is completely independent from the clutch.
I could be wrong though.

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #9  
As far as I know there is only one PTO. That shaft rides inside the main wheel drive shaft. On my Jinma the PTO clutch disengages that pump drive, IE: The BH stops working when the clutch is fully depressed. That tang drive that turns the pump is the input to the 540-1000 RPM gearbox that outputs to the Splined driveshaft. Went back and checked, the 540/1000 RPM control lever dosn't effect that tang drive, but the main engage/disengage lever does...

/ Rhino Int 324 PTO Hydraulics #10  
As far as I know there is only one PTO. That shaft rides inside the main wheel drive shaft. On my Jinma the PTO clutch disengages that pump drive, IE: The BH stops working when the clutch is fully depressed. That tang drive that turns the pump is the input to the 540-1000 RPM gearbox that outputs to the splined driveshaft. Went back and checked, the 540/1000 RPM control lever doesn't effect that tang drive, but the main engage/disengage lever does... I think that's what the OP needed to know. But he said "the pump located above the PTO". That's why I was wondering.