Price Check 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go #1  

mark1

Gold Member
Tractor
Jinma 284,Jd GT235,345,Trac-Vac1080
After many years since purchasing.getting it shipped,assembling and just having an enjoyable time with my tractor age (mine) and lack of use tells me it's time to put it up for sale.Anyone know of where to advertise it?Ebay? craigs list? swap sheets?
Also what kind of a price I should ask?
It's a 2003 284 4 wheel drive,with loader with the upgraded loader valves,Canopy,side covers,turf tires,75 total hours, 6" capacity wooodchipper, and assorted spare parts. Located in Spencerport,NY.

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go #2  
If it's been maintained well it surely has a lot of life left in it. I have over 600 trouble free hours on mine. Good luck with the sale.

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go #3  
I vote Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. As for price I'm thinking around $6.5k if as cherry as noted and assuming a regular gear transmission. I would sell the chipper separately. If included in the sale, you're giving it away.

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go #4  
I vote Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. As for price I'm thinking around $6.5k if as cherry as noted and assuming a regular gear transmission. I would sell the chipper separately. If included in the sale, you're giving it away.

I think that's a little rich, my recollection is that tractor was only about $3-4K new. But the nice thing about Craigslist is you can list for free and get a feel for the local market, if your phone doesn't ring the price is too high.

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go #5  
I would say closer to 6K new with FEL. Considering comparables today, and with only 75 hours on it $6.5K dosn't sound out of line... You certainly are not going to find a 28HP 4X4 with FEl new for $6.5K...

/ 2003 Jinma 284 Time to let it go
Thanks thats what I figured,around 6500 new ones are avail now for 14900 + shipping.but of course they are all assembled,have the newer epa engines and probably a bunch of changes. but still 14900. I did go out to the garage (has always been inside my garage) cleaned her up,took some pictures,it is a regular gear tranny.not the shuttle shift.I've done many of the improvements,(extra tranny dipstick hole,replaced the key switch,the Ranch Hand control valves for the loader,moved the exhaust to be under the tractor,etc. I did find it has actually 132 hours on it.(my memory was off as I haven't used it in months.) And I will list the chipper separately.Thanks I guess I'll try craigslist when I get time to create an add.Thanks