FT250A Electric Issues

/ FT250A Electric Issues #1  

AK907501

Tractor
Foton FT250A
Hi all,
Brand New to this site. I have a 2007 Foton FT250A. I had thought that there was an regulator issue but upon checking power to the fuse box, none of the fuses have power regardless how the ignition switch is positioned.
My owners manual has a wire diagram but only some of it matches my tractor. This lil tractor was purchased by my dad new. I have inherited it from him and have found limited info online about the brand.
I believe that the shop where my dad got the tractor from gave him the wrong manuals for this tractor ( the certification card is for a FT254A 2007/6 ). I know same year same basic tractor but the manuals may not be right.
The wiring diagram I have shows a wire from the starter to the fuse box but physically cannot find.
Any ideas on this?

/ FT250A Electric Issues #2  
Hi all,
Brand New to this site. I have a 2007 Foton FT250A. I had thought that there was an regulator issue but upon checking power to the fuse box, none of the fuses have power regardless how the ignition switch is positioned.
My owners manual has a wire diagram but only some of it matches my tractor. This lil tractor was purchased by my dad new. I have inherited it from him and have found limited info online about the brand.
I believe that the shop where my dad got the tractor from gave him the wrong manuals for this tractor ( the certification card is for a FT254A 2007/6 ). I know same year same basic tractor but the manuals may not be right.
The wiring diagram I have shows a wire from the starter to the fuse box but physically cannot find.
Any ideas on this?

Hi, Welcome!
FT250A is two- wheel drive tractor. FT254A is four-wheel drive tractor. I think the manual about the wire is the same.
May I have a clear picture about the part which went wrong? By the way where did your dad get this tractor?

/ FT250A Electric Issues #3  
Well the power(positive +) should run from the battery + terminal to starter then a small branch line runs to the MAIN fuse in the panel. If you pull that fuse one of the terminals of the MAIN fuse should ALWAYS have power measured to chassis ground or back to the negative battery terminal regardless of key position as it is upstream of the key.

In these instances I start at the battery. + to - terminal of battery. if less than 12.4VDC or so, charge the battery. Once greater than 12.5V across terminals, I measure + to frame. In order to perform work or even measure voltage you MUST be able to complete a circuit back to the negative terminal of the battery. The tractor uses the chassis framework to complete all the circuits. This could be as simple as a bad ground connection from battery - terminal to the frame/chassis which is a common issue on these tractors. I disconnect the negative cable where it connects to the frame, grind off the paint/crap to get a small patch of bare metal for the negative terminal to rest on and re-install the cable. Then I spray-paint over the terminal to keep it from corroding... If battery to frame is good I go to the starter and measure from + input(other end of the large cable attached to battery + terminal) and measure from there to frame. Then up to measure from main fuse to frame.

Measuring voltage takes very little current so if you have voltage but it won't crank over one of the connections(or the battery) may be breaking down when a load is applied so you may need to take these readings from these various points while attempting to crank the engine. Here is a link to a schematic I did for my 05 Jinma 284. Probably not exactly the same, but it is probably very similar to your electrical system.

Good Luck

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...cal-schematic-2005-a.html?highlight=schematic

/ FT250A Electric Issues #4  
Hi all,
Any ideas on this?

I have been helping an owner of a Ty304 and living in FRANCE with his new tractor. He bought it with no knowledge and is now struggling to get it operating with features like rear remote hydraulic ports.
His manual only bears a passing resemblance to his tractor. He bought the machine on line and finding support from China has been almost impossible. We got to the point of moving to emails rather than the forum as the volume of communication between us was so great. We are nearing 100 emails from me to him so I am getting to know the tractor quite well from a theoretical perspective.

Currently, there is a salesman in China who has been providing manuals and access to filters etc. He says the Ty304 is the same tractor as a Foton. Nevertheless, the manuals he has provided have sections not like the tractor.

Can you post some pictures of the starter, alternator, battery and fuse box area of your tractor.
Can you post the wiring diagram in the manual you have.

The tractor likely has some sort of protection for the main circuit feeding everything but the starter.
This protection is often in the form of a fusible link rather than a fuse. A fusible link is a wire with special insulation. Under an excessive current draw, the wire melts internally leaving the insulation a little blistered but in place to prevent any shorting out of the battery or starter end of the wire.

This picture is of a fusible link. it just looks like a loop of wire and it is but special wire.

tDxcRr6.jpg

The reason for the picture of your starter is because it may have a remote relay and the main power connection takes place there. If you follow the + battery cable from the battery to the starter and the heavy wire goes directly to the starter then my suggestion does not apply. The Ty304 wiring diagram shows a starter relay so looking for the electrical feed there might yield results.

Looking forward to your next post.

Dave M7040