Tractor
    Foton FT250A

Default FT250A Electric Issues

Hi all,
    Brand New to this site. I have a 2007 Foton FT250A. I had thought that there was an regulator issue but upon checking power to the fuse box, none of the fuses have power regardless how the ignition switch is positioned.
    My owners manual has a wire diagram but only some of it matches my tractor. This lil tractor was purchased by my dad new. I have inherited it from him and have found limited info online about the brand.
    I believe that the shop where my dad got the tractor from gave him the wrong manuals for this tractor ( the certification card is for a FT254A 2007/6 ). I know same year same basic tractor but the manuals may not be right.
    The wiring diagram I have shows a wire from the starter to the fuse box but physically cannot find.
    Any ideas on this?

Tractor
    Lovol 504

Default Re: FT250A Electric Issues

Quote Originally Posted by AK907501 View Post
    Hi all,
    Brand New to this site. I have a 2007 Foton FT250A. I had thought that there was an regulator issue but upon checking power to the fuse box, none of the fuses have power regardless how the ignition switch is positioned.
    My owners manual has a wire diagram but only some of it matches my tractor. This lil tractor was purchased by my dad new. I have inherited it from him and have found limited info online about the brand.
    I believe that the shop where my dad got the tractor from gave him the wrong manuals for this tractor ( the certification card is for a FT254A 2007/6 ). I know same year same basic tractor but the manuals may not be right.
    The wiring diagram I have shows a wire from the starter to the fuse box but physically cannot find.
    Any ideas on this?
    Hi, Welcome!
    FT250A is two- wheel drive tractor. FT254A is four-wheel drive tractor. I think the manual about the wire is the same.
    May I have a clear picture about the part which went wrong? By the way where did your dad get this tractor?

Tractor
    Jinma 284 delivered 06/28/05

Default Re: FT250A Electric Issues

Well the power(positive +) should run from the battery + terminal to starter then a small branch line runs to the MAIN fuse in the panel. If you pull that fuse one of the terminals of the MAIN fuse should ALWAYS have power measured to chassis ground or back to the negative battery terminal regardless of key position as it is upstream of the key.

In these instances I start at the battery. + to - terminal of battery. if less than 12.4VDC or so, charge the battery. Once greater than 12.5V across terminals, I measure + to frame. In order to perform work or even measure voltage you MUST be able to complete a circuit back to the negative terminal of the battery. The tractor uses the chassis framework to complete all the circuits. This could be as simple as a bad ground connection from battery - terminal to the frame/chassis which is a common issue on these tractors. I disconnect the negative cable where it connects to the frame, grind off the paint/crap to get a small patch of bare metal for the negative terminal to rest on and re-install the cable. Then I spray-paint over the terminal to keep it from corroding... If battery to frame is good I go to the starter and measure from + input(other end of the large cable attached to battery + terminal) and measure from there to frame. Then up to measure from main fuse to frame.

Measuring voltage takes very little current so if you have voltage but it won't crank over one of the connections(or the battery) may be breaking down when a load is applied so you may need to take these readings from these various points while attempting to crank the engine. Here is a link to a schematic I did for my 05 Jinma 284. Probably not exactly the same, but it is probably very similar to your electrical system.

Good Luck

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...ight=schematic
    Ron