Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter??

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter?? #11  
The fittings on the return line are non captured oring type... ??? What holds the O-ring in place?
The fitting for the suction line appears to be flared, I have enclosed the picture of it...

View attachment 529816View attachment 529817
The suction fitting in the picture is similar to what I described, a nut and ferrule on a tube, except in this case the tube is sil-brazed into a long ferrule. This is a hydraulic compression fitting. The 90 degree flange adapter on the pump suction probably has a captured O-ring. Since this is the suction side of the pump you are pretty much at liberty to do what you want as long as it remains clean and airtight.

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter?? #13  
?? Any advice?
You are pretty much constrained by where you want to mount the filter and available space, and your skill level. You can run new hydraulic tubing, if you have a tubing bender, for a nice professional looking installation, or you can use hydraulic suction hose with barb fittings and hose clamps. Hard to visualize without seeing a picture.
One of the adapters on this page should fit the 90° suction fitting on your pump to adapt it to either hose or JIC tubing.
JIC Male x DIN Metric Female Swivel

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter??
You are pretty much constrained by where you want to mount the filter and available space, and your skill level. You can run new hydraulic tubing, if you have a tubing bender, for a nice professional looking installation, or you can use hydraulic suction hose with barb fittings and hose clamps. Hard to visualize without seeing a picture.
One of the adapters on this page should fit the 90° suction fitting on your pump to adapt it to either hose or JIC tubing.

I apologize, I didn't see your reply on page 2!

So it's a standard flared fitting, 18mm x1.5 straight thread? I should be able to find that, with a NPT on the other end... Tapping in will require bending some tubing no doubt, but that is alright, that makes it easier than brazing/welding fittings onto the return line imo.

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter?? #15  
One of the adapters on this page should fit the 90ー suction fitting on your pump to adapt it to either hose or JIC tubing.

So, will pretty much any m18x1.5 flared male and female set of fittings work, so long as I get npt for the filter? I've been looking at fittings, the ones of my tractor seem. To be rounded, and the fittings I see advertised have more of a sharp taper that looks like it would gouge in?

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter?? #16  
So, will pretty much any m18x1.5 flared male and female set of fittings work, so long as I get npt for the filter? I've been looking at fittings, the ones of my tractor seem. To be rounded, and the fittings I see advertised have more of a sharp taper that looks like it would gouge in?
If they are steel fittings, yes they will bite in and are permanent. These are meant for the pressure side but they will work. If they are brass that use a ferrule (which can be cut off and removed) they can be used as well. I think I answered your question, no?

/ Tapping into 18MM hard line for hydraulic oil filter?? #17  
If the fittings are the type that use a bubble flare, the type that forms a bulge in the tube, then you will need a special flaring tool.