Jinma 284 PTO problems

/ Jinma 284 PTO problems #1  

b dukes

Tractor
285 MF and 284 Farm Boss and D31 Komatsu
I put a new clutch assembly in this tractor about 4 years ago. Last year the PTO started scrubbing when you would engage it. I never used it that so it was not a big problem. I started having issues with the main clutch running out of petal. I figured something had happened inside since all the adjustments were right. I split the tractor and removed the clutch assembly to inspect it. Everything had heavy rust on it. Cleaned everything with a wire wheel and inspected both bevel washers. Neither clutch disc showed any amount of wear. Replaced the pilot and throwout bearing. Checked the roll pins on the throwout bearing forks. Put the tractor back together. Main clutch releases about 50% of petal. But the PTO never disengages. Checked the stop bolt for the petal and the roll pin in it. Pressure plate has three fingers. Fingers to bearing is set at .090 and the PTO settings are .060 from the big nut to the pressure plate. Any ideas.

/ Jinma 284 PTO problems #2  
I had that exact problem when I took my clutch apart and put it back with the spring in backwards.

/ Jinma 284 PTO problems
I finally was able to get everything adjusted out to work. The .090 measurement from the throwout bearing to the fingers stayed the same but the PTO adjustment was set at .025. That made the PTO disengage when the clutch was fully depressed and engage at about 15% of petal.

/ Jinma 284 PTO problems #4  
Also look at the lever on the outside of the tractor where it is pinned to the shaft that moves the throwout bearing. Had that pin wear/shear and it took me a little bit to figure out that there was nothing wrong with the clutch...