Jinma 204E banjo bolt re-fitting.

/ Jinma 204E banjo bolt re-fitting. #1  

baj33790

Tractor
Siromer (Jinma) 204E
Hi all,

I got some good help and advice with my previous post thank you,, I hope I can get some experienced advice on this issue.

One of the rigid lines from the second pump to the base of the steering column for the power steering, had a leak from where the banjo fitting is brazed to the pipe. With a lot of dismantling I managed to remove the offending pipe and have had it re-brazed at the local agricultural garage here in France and it looks like a new pipe now.

My questions are about refitting the banjo bolt.

1. I have obtained new washers from the same place, that they say they use these on their repairs (see photo), but having searched various forums, there seems to be various types and I don't know if these are the best to use? They are metal with a rubber (or at least flexible) centre, slightly raised with respect to the metal part.

2. Slipping them onto the banjo bolt, there is a little slack, is this to allow them to be 'crushed' when they are tightened?

3. Can anyone tell me the approximate torque to tighten them to? - again the various forum answers I have researched are confusing and vary considerably

Many thanks

P4230776.JPG P4230777.JPG

/ Jinma 204E banjo bolt re-fitting. #2  
Hi all,

I got some good help and advice with my previous post thank you,, I hope I can get some experienced advice on this issue.

One of the rigid lines from the second pump to the base of the steering column for the power steering, had a leak from where the banjo fitting is brazed to the pipe. With a lot of dismantling I managed to remove the offending pipe and have had it re-brazed at the local agricultural garage here in France and it looks like a new pipe now.

My questions are about refitting the banjo bolt.

1. I have obtained new washers from the same place, that they say they use these on their repairs (see photo), but having searched various forums, there seems to be various types and I don't know if these are the best to use? They are metal with a rubber (or at least flexible) centre, slightly raised with respect to the metal part.

2. Slipping them onto the banjo bolt, there is a little slack, is this to allow them to be 'crushed' when they are tightened?

3. Can anyone tell me the approximate torque to tighten them to? - again the various forum answers I have researched are confusing and vary considerably

Many thanks

View attachment 550366 View attachment 550365
Dowty washers ....the best you can get .