CAN'T DECIDE: FARM PRO 2420 and IMPLEMENTS

/ CAN'T DECIDE: FARM PRO 2420 and IMPLEMENTS #1  

Travis_R

Veteran Member
Tractor
'98 MASSEY FERGUSON 231
CAN\'T DECIDE: FARM PRO 2420 and IMPLEMENTS

Hey ya'll,

I am in southern Louisiana and want to buy a tractor and a couple implements. I was just wondering if the Farm Pro 2420 is right for me? I will only be using the tractor to mainly bush hog. I will only be cutting about 4 or 5 acres with it, including a nice size ditch that runs across the property from one side to the other. I love tractors and think that the Farm Pro would be a good choice for me. The price of the NEW tractor is one reason I want to buy it and the other reason is because I live about 5 1/2 miles from an Authorized Farm Pro Service Dealer. All they sell is Farm Pro. The dealer's website is www.action-equip.com They seem to be very friendly people. My neighbor has a FARM PRO 2420 and loves his. It only has alittle over 35 hrs. on it. Matter of fact, it is out of warranty and the dealer already made a small repair on it. The steering box had a leaking seal and they fixed it for free. Thats good service if you ask me. They even picked the tractor up and delivered it back at no charge.
Anyway, I was just wondering if the Farm Pro was right for me? I also would be buying a grader box from them, along with a bush hog. What brand of cutter and box should I get? Farm Pro, or Howse? I am aiming more torwards the Farm Pro brand but ain't sure yet. I don't really care for Howse too much. I am also looking at other brands of cutters that the don't sell. They are called ANDY cutter and CLIPPER cutters. I don't want or need the expensive cutters, but if I did it would be BUSH HOG, WOODS, RHINO, or SIDEWINDER. It is only 4 or 5 acres, so an inexpensive one will do. What brand of grader box should I get? Are the Farm Pro boxes any good? What sizes do I get for the hitch 4 or 5 foot implements?

Another reason I want the Farm Pro 2420 is because besides dealer support, I can come to ya'll on the internet for support.
I already know that Farm Pro is made in China and is a Jinma diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also, if anyone knows ANYTHING about this dealer, being good or bad, please let me know! I try to spend my money wisely. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What are the average prices of the Farm Pro 2420, Farm Pro Implements, and Clipper and Andy Cutters?

Thanks,
Travis

/ CAN'T DECIDE: FARM PRO 2420 and IMPLEMENTS #2  
Re: CAN\'T DECIDE: FARM PRO 2420 and IMPLEMENTS

I use a 2420 on five acres - so far, so good - I also have the Farm pro 4 ft brush cutter, also works good for occasional use. If you have a choice between farm pro attachments and KK, I'd get the KK (if the price is the same) - IMHO the KK is better quality stuff. I would go with a 4 foot box blade, not the Farm Pro 5ft. I think the 5ft is to big for the 2420 - even with the 4ft your are going to have some traction/power issues - I use a 4ft by Modern