Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output

/ Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output #1  

aesmith

Silver Member
Tractor
Siromer 304 (Y385T)
Hi,

We have a Siromer 304 with Y385T engine. I understand it to be pretty much the same as a Jinma 254. Could anyone make a estimate of what the PTO horsepower would be? This doesn't seem to be documented, although it's the figure that implements usually need to be matched to.

Thanks, Tony S

/ Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output #2  
Basically it should be the same as the engine output. It is documented, but I think it is listed in Killowatts so you will have to convert. Have my 254 manual at home, and I can look it up later if you really need it, but it should be available somewhere online.

What are you trying to run? My 254 runs a 5’ brushhog very well. It is more at the weight limit for the tractor than the hp limit:) as you can really feel that heavy implement out there on the hitch. I also run a 6” chipper very nicely. Most any other ground engagement impliment you will run into weight and traction issues and not so much HP issues. Would not go over 5’ for a box blade for instance as it will fill to a point that stops the tractor. You might be anle to run a 6’ back blade as long as you are carefull how much material you cut/move at a time. Guage wheels are handy for this for grading driveway gravel and such.

/ Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output
Cheers, what I meant was that PTO power isn't specifically documented as far as I can see for any of the Chinese brands. As opposed to some others where gross power is quoted and then a lesser figure at the PTO (for example MF1532 32HP gross, 26 PTO). My Siromer manual just gives a single figure of 18.73kW without saying whether that's gross or PTO, although it also says the engine is KM385T not Y385T.

My reason for wanting to know is for a snowblower. Implement suppliers tend to specify recommended power at the PTO, so I'm really hoping to find out whether I have 25HP or some lower number.

Or more specifically, will it run a 74" blower, or a 63" one.

Cheers, Tony S

/ Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output #4  
And that difference you noted is most likley because of the different ratings some manufacturers do. The higher number is most likley peak HP, used to sell tractors, but not sustainable. Since pto output can be loaded for extended periods, it is derated to a sustainable number. I believe most chinese tractors are rated by sustained output(12 hour). 18.75 kw is 25 hp...

/ Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output #5  
Oops double tapped it...

Last edited:
   / Siromer 304 (Y385T engine) PTO power output
Thanks that makes sense. The figures I've seen both for Siromer and Jinma are all noted as 12 hour ratings.