hyd drain point for Foton TB504

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504 #1  

brad miller

Tractor
Foton TB504
Hi everyone Im in the process of servicing my Foton TB504 but cant for the life of me find the drain plug for the hydraulics?????
I know where the fill point and dipstick is (behind the seat) and I've looked thru the manual(next to useless)
Any help would be much appreciated!

brad

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504 #2  
Does it have a bolt-on plate on the rear of the 3PH lift housing? perhaps this is the toplink bracket? If so, look closely at the lower left corner of that plate. The drain for my Jinma 254 is in that lower left corner, and easilly mistaken for one of the mounting bolts if you don’t know what you are looking for. The service points on the jinmas were marked with red paint which helped to find them the first time...

If so, it drains best and flushes easier if you put the front wheels up on ramps. I worked out a piece of plastic tube to jam into the port so I could get it to flow into a bucket then flushed it several times with kerosene as there was a lot of crud on the bottom of my sump...

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504 #3  
:welcome:
To TBN Brad. You came to the right place to get answers.

In my manual there is a picture showing where the drain plug is.

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504
Cheers Ron kinda know what I'm looking for but still can't find it🤔
Will post a pic of the backend to see if it's similar to your Jiminar?
Brad

Cheers for the welcome mike!
My manual has zero diagrams?
Any chance of sending me the pic of the position of the drain plug?
Would be very appreciated if you could!
Brad

Does it have a bolt-on plate on the rear of the 3PH lift housing? perhaps this is the toplink bracket? If so, look closely at the lower left corner of that plate. The drain for my Jinma 254 is in that lower left corner, and easilly mistaken for one of the mounting bolts if you don稚 know what you are looking for. The service points on the jinmas were marked with red paint which helped to find them the first time...

If so, it drains best and flushes easier if you put the front wheels up on ramps. I worked out a piece of plastic tube to jam into the port so I could get it to flow into a bucket then flushed it several times with kerosene as there was a lot of crud on the bottom of my sump...

Here is the pic Ron hope it helps?

Brad

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504 #7  
Nope, not similar. I cannot even tell where the lift box and gearbox meet. On mine the lift is bolted down on top of the gearbox Does this tractor have a separate hydraulic sump or does it use UTF/gear oil and hydraulic oil are one and the same? If the lift box is separate, if it has a drain plug, it needs to be along the lower edge of the lift box somewhere... worst case, you could probably siphon it out thru the filler port...

Good Luck

Nope, not similar. I cannot even tell where the lift box and gearbox meet. On mine the lift is bolted down on top of the gearbox Does this tractor have a separate hydraulic sump or does it use UTF/gear oil and hydraulic oil are one and the same? If the lift box is separate, if it has a drain plug, it needs to be along the lower edge of the lift box somewhere... worst case, you could probably siphon it out thru the filler port...

Good Luck

That makes two of us mate!
The tractor has dual sumps one for gear box and rear axle where the fill point is infront of just below the seat and the drain plug is in the center of the rear axle.The other is the hydralics (lift box) where you can see the fill point in the pic. They both use UTF
Cheers for your time Ron I might just siphon and see if someone can come to the party!
Brad

/ hyd drain point for Foton TB504 #9  
Oops!

Last edited: