Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma

/ Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma #1  

WildBill99

Tractor
Farm Pro 2425
Hey guys, I have a FarmPro with 23 hours on it. I just changed the oil for the break in and honestly, I dont remember what the oil pressure looked like before, I havent been on it for several weeks due to work. Anyways, I was working on it today and I noticed the oil pressure was basically on the red line, right where the red and green come together. Like I said, I changed the oil, I used 6 quarts of 30W oil that was certified for diesels. (Super Tech brand). My oil filter was leaking a bit at the time, but it was just barely oozing, not spraying or dripping. (now I know why they had the stock one on so blame tight. I broke 3 tooks trying to take it off!) Anyways, I used the replacement filter that came with the tractor. It seems to be running fine, I was just curious if I need to take it in or if the guages are just not accurate.

/ Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma #2  
It is not uncommon for the pressure to read lower on a warm tractor at idle, it should raise some when the speed is increased. Also the electric gages are not the highest quality, you may want to install a mechanical gage to know for sure what you have. If it is in the red area I would be sure to check it against a mechanical gage. If it is in the blue area you should be OK.

/ Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma #3  
The OE filter gaskets are poor quality, and excess glue usually aggravates the seal. I recommend an aftermarket filter. There's a good chance the WIX 51381 will fit. While you're at it, the WIX 33361 fuel filter might be a good idea too. And whereas it's 100% personal choice, I much prefer 15W40 in all my diesel crankcases.

The false oil pressure is possibly due to a mal-adjustment of the oil pressure sending unit. If there is a lock nut behind the OPSU, loosen it. With the ignition key on, but the engine NOT running, grasp the OPSU and rotate it clockwise till you see movement on the oil pressure gauge needle. Adjust the OPSU till the needle registers on the zero mark. Retighten the lock nut if necessary.

//greg//

/ Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma #4  
Hi..One of my 284 Jinmas always showed a low oil pressure..the gage was slow to act and I was always wonderin about what the pressure actually was..I just changed to a mechanical one from PepBoy's $12.99 and now I get pressure of 40# and higher You may want to do the same.It's a cheap fix and takes the worry out of what you have. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Oil pressure guage reads low on Farm Pro / Jinma #5  
yep I did same thing, mounted a 2 ~1/8" DIRRECT READING GAUGE in mine it works great and is one of the more done MODS for the import tractors as very few people like those readings on the elec gauges.

you can also put a T fitting in and screw a gauge dirrectly on the block if you want the factory gauge still there. and run them in-tandem...

Mark M