Jinma 284 Preheater fuse

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse #1  

tmallery

Tractor
Jinma 284
I recently purchased Jinma 284 tractor, first time tractor user. While checking the tractor out, I noticed that the 10 amp preheater fuse was blown. I replaced it with a spare fuse and it blew also. 10 amps may not be the correct fuse for the prheater circuit. Can anyone advise me on this before I try using a different fuse ? Thanks

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse #3  
10 amps is not enough for the glow plugs. Usually the amp gage will read close to 30 amps then drop down some as they get hot.

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I recently purchased Jinma 284 tractor, first time tractor user. While checking the tractor out, I noticed that the 10 amp preheater fuse was blown. I replaced it with a spare fuse and it blew also. 10 amps may not be the correct fuse for the prheater circuit. Can anyone advise me on this before I try using a different fuse ? Thanks )</font>
The way I interpret the wiring diagram, there is no dedicated fuse for the glow plugs. But by virtue of being wired through the ignition switch, they draw power through the 30A system fuse. If the 10A you think belongs to the glow plugs is on the far end of the fuse box, it should be a 30A

//greg//

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse #5  
Many of the Jinmas came with 10amp fuse wire in the place of the 30 amp.and would blow the fuse as soon as you turned them on.the 10amp chinese wire wrapped fuse used .013 fuse wire.30 amp wire is much thicker. I have 5,10,15 & 30 amp fuse wire avail if needed. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
3 glow plugs need 30 amp fuses

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse #6  
It's reasonably clear that TMALLERY is talking about disposable blade-type fuses on his JM284 Mark. Earlier Jinmas used the wire-wrap style, but changed to blades with the 2002 mods.

//greg//

/ Jinma 284 Preheater fuse
The fuse was the blade type. Thanks to all who replied for the help and information.