New Tooth Bar Observations

/ New Tooth Bar Observations #1  

SevenCorners

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 224 2004
I just finished welding up and installing my new tooth bar. I went down to the South Fourty to try it out. This thing can dig. I was totally unimpressed with the standard bucket, it had difficulty in my clay soil. Well big difference now I put a tooth bar on. I tried it out on a couple of stubborn tree stumps. After a couple of minutes of back and forth digging, pop out they come. I can even pull and push the tractor uphill with the loader something I was not able to do before. One thing that now becomes clear is just how under powered the Jinma loader Hydralics are. I would like to swap out the smaller hydro cyclinders for something with more meat. I can get the bucket up under a large stump but the loader just doesn't have enough umph to lift it out of the soil. I have some pictures if anyone is interested in the construction. It was very simple I bought the teeth from a company called Fabco. I got 7 of them for like $50, I went down to the local scrap yard and got a 5' piece if 1/4" steel for free and a couple of bolts. A few welds later its good to go. I looked at prices from a local dealer, he wanted $350 I thought he was crazy considering he was going to do the same thing I did.

/ New Tooth Bar Observations #2  
Would like to see a couple of those pictures. On Jinma 200 series w/ZL20s, not sure if new cylinders, will get you all that you want. I know that the Koyker 160 have a 2" cyl option. I believe they provide a little more power, at the expense of speed. The limiting factor will quickly become the pump, which is around 800lbs.

/ New Tooth Bar Observations
It is a shame, I was really expecting more from my loader than what I get. Hopefully I will get better with practice. Here are a couple of pictures, sorry for the mud. As you can see there is not much too it. I drilled a couple of holes into the sides of the bucket to hold it in place. After I got working I noticed that the middle part of the bar was under extra stress so I drilled 2 holes on the bottom of the bucket and bolted down the front for extra reinforcment it works great.

Attachments

• 505522-IM000772.gif
    505522-IM000772.gif
    88.7 KB · Views: 340
Another shot

Attachments

• 505524-IM000774.gif
    505524-IM000774.gif
    83.2 KB · Views: 278
Another one

Attachments

• 505525-IM000775.gif
    505525-IM000775.gif
    89.8 KB · Views: 224
Last one unless someone wants to see it in action.

Attachments

• 505527-IM000773.gif
    505527-IM000773.gif
    95 KB · Views: 268
   / New Tooth Bar Observations #7  
Thanks for the pics. I have looked at the bolt-on tooth bars, but never pulled the trigger. Not a welder either, so I just have to wait /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are you able to lift your tractor off the ground? It is possible that the relief pressure is set too low. Unfortunatly, I don't know of a safe way to adjust it. Would need to tie in some pressure gauges, for sure.

Not aware of any factory replacement 2" cyl. Don't know if Koyker's would fit and would have to change fittings.

John I am not a welder either, I just saw a posting on the Customization section of TBN and it looked so simple that I thought what the heck, I bought an inexpensive stick welder $150 and practiced a couple of times, nothing to it really...

I am able to lift the tractor off the ground with the bucket. I had problems dragging the whole tractor forward before the teeth because on my terran the bucket kept slipping, now I just roll the bucket back, push down then roll it forward. I am sure that it will lift up to 800#s I had my BB on the back of my truck and it lifted it with ease, it weighs 600#.
I guess I should not have purchased the Chinese loader and instead gotten a Koyker. Do you know how much more the koyker will lift? Is the low lift capacity a result of small hydro pump or small lift cyc? or both? How expensive would it be to increase capacity?

Thanks, did you happen to notice that lift capacity is 1500#, almost double the standard ZL loader. Hmm should have could have if only... I wonder if it is the 2" hydr cyc's that give it the extra lift capacity?