284 jinma exhaust

/ 284 jinma exhaust #1  

billbill1

Veteran Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 1533 Shuttle AgKing 2840 shuttle shift
I have read that some of you have installed your exhaust under your tractors, can anyone give me a heads up on how you did it? I know that I saw this online somewhere-but can't find it again. I am waiting on delivery (next few days I hope) on a Agking 2840, 140 Koyker FEL, 6' j-bar finish mower, 6' box blade, and a 6' scraper blade. Don't know anything about any of this stuff and I've never owned a diesel or four wheel drive of any kind. I'll take any advice you can give, thanks. Bill

/ 284 jinma exhaust #2  
Hi..One of my 284's came with the underneath exhaust option..I have pictures of the system that I'll send you(I don't know how to put pictures on this site) It's a easy mod to do anyhow.maybe 10 bucks of materials. Whoops,,delay that..I don't have your email address..send me a note if your interested in getting the pics.Or if anyone want's the pics! "mwilson8@rochester.rr.com" :

/ 284 jinma exhaust #3  
Here are the images of mark1's modification.

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

/ 284 jinma exhaust #4  
Oh,By the way, I have the exhaust system for Sale! But can only be purchased with the tractor.See my add in classified /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 284 jinma exhaust #5  
Why????If the loader is hitting it,must have wrong loader or something?Why would you want to run exhaust under tractor? Got to be a good reason,,,wouldn't it hit stuff if under tractor,,if alls you need is a couple inches cut off pipe,than cut couple inches off?Wouldn't the fumes get to you,down below you? thingy

/ 284 jinma exhaust
Acutally I am asking the question for a friend that has a
Farm Pro 254, I don't even have my tractor yet but should be here soon. I think my friend mows close to trees and felt that the under tractor exhaust would be better for him. Thank you for the quick responses.

/ 284 jinma exhaust #7  
I just ordered a 284 with under foot board exhaust. Why? I had a Ford 800/just like a Ford "N" but nearly double the horsepower.. The Ford had an under foot board exhaust. Was a pleasure to run that tractor without the exhaust barking & fuming in my face. Remembering that I ordered the 284 with the "Orchard Exhaust"... just a personal preference kinda thing. I'm sure in different situations the underfoot board exhaust has it's drawbacks but with the exhaust barking at the ground rather than in front of me that tractor sure seemed quiet... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 284 jinma exhaust #8  
Yeah,,I guess it would be a little quieter,,but mine ain't all that noisey,at least noisey enough to put the exhaust under tractor,in the way of possible things,etc.,,,I mow close to trees to,,if its got the canopy on it,,or even roll bar,,thats going to hit before exhaust,,,,even thought about taking my canopy off for that reason,,but that canopy gives a lot of shade,,,and looks cool,,,,besides,,about got all the trimming done,,couple 3 or 4,,left,,but it ain't ripped off yet....thingy

/ 284 jinma exhaust #9  
I modified my 284 exactly like the pictures above. It reduces the noise and fumes. My Koyker 160 has done a fair share of site work and the muffler has never been as issue or experienced any problems. I mow 4-8 hours a week and the reduced noise and fumes along with my XM satellite radio make mowing reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll hard work!

/ 284 jinma exhaust #10  
There are many reasons for putting the exhaust under the machine.1. Many of the loaders are very close to the pipes when it's a top exhaust. some people have reported that they didn't notice the muffler was getting loose untill it caught the loader and ripped it off..And when the loader is raised the turn in the original muffler, exhaust right at the loader hoses and pipes.2. the exhaust fumes are no longer a issue,3.It is much quieter with the noise actually behind the rear axle. trees catch the exhaust system first.and rip it off as many of us cannot use the canopy and even have to leave the ROPS folded(I know Safety??)and the lower system is actually higher than the front axle,steering cylinder,etc.and is not in the way of anything. on Mine I had originally cut the muffler shorter,then had to add a "Rain Cap"which rattled contsantly.Eliminated the problem putting it under the machine. Now if I could get a "Glass Pack" muffler to make it sound like my ole Chevy Nova?? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif