Rotary cutters

/ Rotary cutters #1  

Jvilljoe

My tractors due in next month (Jinma 224) and I've been looking around for a 4 ft KK mower but here in Southern Oregon they want a fortune for them. I've seen other people posting on the internet about paying $550 to $600 But the cheapest I've been quoted so far is $750 and as high as $850.
Whats going on here! Maybe it would be better for me to buy online and pay the shipping. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Joe

/ Rotary cutters #2  
Joe, haven't priced them in a while, but the 5' KK was around $550, a couple years ago (NY TSC price). The price of steel and the shipping distance from mfg to your state, might explain the price. Any Howse brands around? Generally considered a good value cutter, like the KK. Have any tractor supply chain stores out there? They usualy have the best price on this level of impliment.

Also, you may want some input drom 224 owners, it probably can handle a 5' cutter.

/ Rotary cutters #3  
That's high.. northern sells for less than that... I also would try TSC.. probably the best price for that kk mower.

Soundguy

/ Rotary cutters #4  
The KK 4' standard duty cutter is $581 and the KK XB Series 4' cutter is $662 in my neck of the woods at TSC.

/ Rotary cutters
I'm just starting to look around. I was thinking of the KK due to the good reviews I've read. The prices I got were from general farm supply stores, I haven't made it to the local tractor dealers yet. I think there are some selling Howse brand around here, I'll check it out. I was looking at the 4 ft because I have a lot of trees on my place and figured this way, if the tractor fit through, the mower would too.
Thanks for the replies
Joe