Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #1  

Scratchnbell

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 2001 TC40d
Is it possible to adjust the shift lever for the shuttle shift so that it doesn't point straight toward the seat when in reverse?
I think it would be easier to shift if the whole thing was rotated up and it would not be in the way.
Thanks
Bob

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #2  
I cant help with your question but am looking at a 284 with shuttle shift . Other than the position of reverse how do you like it ?.
Tom

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma
I just got my 284 LE last Sunday.
I've got about 10 hours on it so far.
I do like it. I would not get one without the shuttle shift.
I need to go through and tighten a bunch of stuff but...
I go the Koyker 160 FEL loader, a box blade and a post hole digger with mine.
Let me know if you have any questions.
It is a nice tractor for the money. It is a little rough on the finish but not that bad.
Good luck with your decision. I feel for you I weas just there last week.
Bob

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #4  
Bob
Have a Kubota L245F {2WD no FEL] and want to upgrade to 4WD. Have been looking at everything tractor in the 25-32 HP range. New used import and grey market. The grey market dealers have steered me away from the China tractor"JUNK". But I have spent many hours doing research and reading on this forum. I have formed a different opinion on China tractors. In fact part on the Jinma is a much better plus than on the GREYs. Feel I can do new 284LE [FEL and Hoe] for about same as 10-15 year Grey. At this point thats the way i,m leaning. Wonder if any one knows if the china hoes are ok for small jobs. I have been told the newer china FELs are better than before and compare to Koker.
I,m open for all advise from actuall owners I can get.
Thanks
Tom

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #5  
Bob there is a little adjustment at the shift cable connection under the tractor ,however it's not going to change much maybe a 1"-2", I agree it does go down alot and with time they may come up with a fix, but for now thats the only adjustment.I will say that with some use the cable loosens up and it's alot easier to move back and forth

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #6  
Tom, there is daylight and dark in the chinese loader vs Koyker,We have sold alot of both(backhoes & frontend loaders) The cost difference is alot on the backhoes around $ 2,000. more for the Koyker.I recommend the Koyker loader for sure and depending on what type of soil,what type of work the chinese backhoe may work OK for you,l have not had alot of good luck with the chinese backhoes and make sure the customer knows what to expect also.I hope this helps in your decision making

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #7  
I have a 284 LE with the shuttle shift and noticed the cable has an adjustment below the mechanical shifting mechanism. I would think moving it would change the position of the shift lever. My shuttle shift was extremely stiff until I had 15 hours on the tractor, actually sheared the roll pin. I installed a 10mm bolt and nylock nut in its place and haven't had anymore problems the it since.

The fellow I bought from (Andy Weeks at Triple DDD) sells grey market and new Jinma (AgKing) tractors and he told me that the price of the Jinma has shut down his grey market business. The greys are 15-20 year old units and you can get a brand new Jinma for the same $ with a warranty. He only sells Koyker loaders and I bought one, the 140 cost me $2750 and I really like it so far. It is a quick attach but I really doubt I ever take it off, it has saved my back so much already that I can't imagine not having it on the tractor. Anything you need to move or lift and it's right there ready to work. I can't comment on the Chinese version, I've never seen one.

Anyone telling you that these tractors are worthless junk haven't run one, they are tough little machines and I feel worth every penny. The paint isn't perfect but hey, it's a tractor and if you work it it isn't going to be beautiful long anyway. Save some money, buy from a good dealer, and put the rascal to work. I've always wanted a CUT and now I have one, wish I would have started this many years ago.

John, Greg, and Chip can help you through the rough spots you might hit (they certainly have with me anyway) and I think you will, like me- be happy with a Jinma.

Best of luck to you on what ever you get.

Bill

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( for about same as 10-15 year Grey)</font>

Tom,
This has nothing to do with shuttle shifts, but note the dates in THIS article. If the greys you're looking at don't have ROPS/belts, it might help you get a better picture of how old some of them REALLY are. If they DO have ROPS/belts, they might be retrofits. It's a good idea to verify the serial number against year of manufacture before shelling out any cash.

//greg//

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma
Tom,
I was about the same as you and did ALOT of reading before I jumped in.
From my reading I knew that I would not get the Jinma FEL and back hoe. Some have said that they work fine but were hard to get good control of. It was an easy choice for me to get the Koyker 160 FEL and will some day get the back hoe if I decide I need one.
Good luck and I agree about a really used or a new one for the same price.

Bob

/ Adjusting shuttle shift lever? Jinma #10  
Scratch, I got to thinking about the cable adjustment, you would have to adjust the cable and not the housing of the cable to make a difference. If the cable adjustment allows you to shorten the cable, that should make the shuttle shift lever higher in reverse but it will in forward also.

Bill