Nortrac Dozer

/ Nortrac Dozer #1  

drzmatt

Tractor
Kubota 7610
Does anyone here own a Nortac dozer or it's equvilent? I was wondering about power, reliability and ease of use. Any info would be great.

/ Nortrac Dozer #2  
I set on one a couple of days ago, it was kind of cramped for a big man. The owner of the dealership, said he bought one and was surprised by what he could push for such a small machine ,but said it took sometime getting use to. I know for a fact that he sales alot of them because i go by there alot. I asked him what kind of problems if any he had from them . He said nothing major so far. had some leaks and one with a bend fork in the transmission . he fixed it under warranty.

/ Nortrac Dozer
Are these dozers made by jinma?

/ Nortrac Dozer #4  
They are made by Guilin, which is now part of Yuchai, the company that makes the excavators. Farm Pro offers it also.
(as well as the excavator).

/ Nortrac Dozer #5  
Check them out on www.NorTrac.com or check the demos advertised on E-Bay. Search for NorTrac Tractors.

/ Nortrac Dozer #6  
Anyone here own one? How do you like it? Do you know if there's any improvement made since 2004? I noticed the current model number is NB3500c with a smoother body style. I'm very interest to know if there's any signficant improvement between the 04, 05 & 06 models. I found an 04 model for a good deal but dont' know if I it's the same. Thanks for your help.

/ Nortrac Dozer #7  
I can't comment on the Dozer, but I can comment on Yuchai.

The Yuchai excavators are top class. Probably the best built mechinary coming out of China. They use Cat servo controls, licensed perkins/cummins engines and all UAE italian made hydraulics. The movement in the boom, etc... is very fluid. The machine is also rich in features for a budget machine.

The one we had in was demoed by several professional contractors and all were very impressed. Some features they liked better than the equivelent Kubota (boom swing is hand control, not foot, etc...)

If this is any indication of Yuchai products you won't be let down.

/ Nortrac Dozer #8  
Any comment? I can't believe nobody have any experience on this little dozer. I really like the fact it can run 3-pt Cat 1 implements like a regular tractor. It has a TY395 engine. I think is the same engine as the Jinma 354. I want to go with this option because my hilly terrain that a wheel tractor would be too very safe. I hope these assumption are correct????

/ Nortrac Dozer #9  
stumpfield said:
Any comment? I can't believe nobody have any experience on this little dozer. I really like the fact it can run 3-pt Cat 1 implements like a regular tractor. It has a TY395 engine. I think is the same engine as the Jinma 354. I want to go with this option because my hilly terrain that a wheel tractor would be too very safe. I hope these assumption are correct????

There are some guys on this web site that owns the China dozer..... you may find some info here

www.ctoa.net

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Nortrac Dozer #10  
The tracks are made of mild steel & stretch. in fact the owners manual says to remove a link when you max out the adjusters.

Northern is MN based & there is a local auctioneer that moves the factory inventory at auction 2-3x per year. www.iraymn.com I'm not associated with either but saw a dozer with <100 hours sell for $6500 in June.

The Northern facility seemed to have a large parts area & Techs putting stuff together (they all come in crates)

Staying on top of the track tension is important because loose tracks walk of the wheels at the worst possible place & time :mad:.