clutch engaging noise

/ clutch engaging noise #1  

corey

Tractor
JINMA 284 LE & YANMAR 240 D
Noticed that my 284LE has just begun to make some noise when the clutch is being released to go forward or backwards in any gear.

The noise begins when the clutch is more than half way released and stops when forward or backward motion is underway.

Now have 17 hours on the 284LE and I suspect that there is an adjustment for this. Perhaps clutch travel? Push bar?

Appreciate an helpful input.

Want to say thanks ahead of time.

corey

/ clutch engaging noise #2  
If I understand correctly, it doesn't make the noise with the clutch fully depressed and the noise begins when the pedal is raised about half way, perhaps about when the pressure plate begins to let the clutch plate contact?
What sort of noise?
I'm no expert but would think if it was from the throwout bearing the noise would be there all the time the clutch was depressed, and if it begins as the clutch is engaged perhaps a problem with the pressure plate or clutch disk.
Doesn't seem to me that clutch travel adjustment would make a difference, but it won't hurt to try. Maybe others can give better advise. Good luck.

/ clutch engaging noise #3  
sounds to me like the LIVE PTO is engauging and is running / spinning and is hopefully still covered correctly! the PTO will enaguge just about 1/2 way up and the main dreve clutch then a little later on up..

but without hearing noise or having a beter discription I can't help much./ /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
\
MarKM

/ clutch engaging noise #4  
Just to give you an idea of where this noise could be coming from, I have a 204 Jinma with 160 hrs. At about 10 hours I began hearing what I was convinced was a bad throwout bearing when I depressed the clutch. I kept hearing it for several months and told my dealer. My cross support for my Koyker loader, the one that goes across the grill area, was held in place by long pins and rattled alittle. I took it off and made some rubber pieces to cushion things and put it together. You guessed it, my noise disappeared. Never would have guessed!!