Chinese Tractors By Foton

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #1  

Cabinholler

Silver Member
Does anyone on this post know anthing about brand named Chinese tractors by Foton? I have seen on the internet Chinese tractors by Foton with names such as Eagle and Tractorking. I guess what I really want to know is how many brand named tractors does Foton make. Also, the tractors that Foton make, are they good Chinese tractors, or not? Can a person get parts for a Foton made tractor? All these named brand Chinese tractors are very confusing for me.

I was wondering if all the other brand named Chinese tractors on this post is made by Foton, or someone else.

A reply to this post about Chinese tractors by Foton would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Cabinholler

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #2  
hi cabin holler:

the FOTON tractors are not NEW but been around for about 3 years now, they WERE baged as FUTIAN tractors and were nearly identical looking to ford/newholland (ya shouldn't say FORD anymore buy hey) so anyhow ford/new holland took them and I belive 4 or more state side dealers of the futian tractors to court and won a "Trade Dress" law suit. so the company in china simply changed the color a bit and the name a bit and kept selling them... I belive this cost some state side people a bunch of green (oh wrong color there /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but anyhow they had recieved some good press from users untill the legal crap came about... now as far as I know they are pretty much the same as they were but parts are as of yet unknown by ME and I have not tested the waters for searching for parts or units to buy either... anyhow my not so helpfull 2 cents worth.

MarkM /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
\

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton
Hi SPIKER,

Thank you for your reply to my post about Chinese tractors by Foton. I didn't know these Foton tractors used to be named Futian tractors. This company makes a 70 horsepower 4X4 W/cab with a Perkins engine, that is real nice looking tractor. The color is mostly red all over, but has a little silver around the head lights, and the lower part of the hood. So, they have changed the colors from blue to red, because they looked like a Ford and New Holland after being taken to court.

I have only seen this tractor in pictures on the internet. There aren't any dealers for this tractor near me in Central Kentucky, but there are 3 dealers in Western Kentucky. There are several dealers for this tractor in Illinois and Indiana.

The main thing that I wanted to know about this tractor on this post, if parts could be purchased for this tractor.

This 70 horsepower tractor is priced few thousand dollors less than most brand tractors this size.

I called the main office for these tractors in the United States, and found out what the price was for this 70 horsepower 4X4 tractor with cab. If anyone wants to know the price for this tractor that I got from the company, please send me a private message, and I will reply.

Cabinholler

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #4  
The new 70 and 80HP FArm Pros are built by FOton, you can get a new 70HP 4Wd with Perkins, cab heat and air for way under around $ 18-19K (local prices will vary). I have imported a couple of the 25HP as a possilbe alterntaive to JInma for our 22HP class. I like the constant mesh trans, but they are not as heavy as the 25HP Kama, (or even the JInma).

bluechip

Do you know if there are any dealers near me in Central Kentucky that sells this 70 horsepower Farm Pros tractor made by Foton. I see by your post that you are in Arkansas.

Cabinholler

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #6  
They are available to dealers by special order. I have a couple 70 HP on order, should be arriving in a few short weeks. PM me if you want one.

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( any dealers near me in Central Kentucky that sells this 70 horsepower Farm Pros tractor made by Foton)</font>
I've been trying to tell you via PM, but I guess you're not getting them. Rural King in Powderly (Muhlenburg County) has a 70hp Foton with cab. The red color suggest it's actually a Foton, as opposed to those blue Futians they were selling last year. Click HERE for the picture and HERE for the spec sheet

//greg//

Greg G

Yes, I have been getting your private messages about Chinese tractors made by Foton, and I have gone to their web site to see for myself. Maybe what was confusing you was me still asking on this post about Chinese tractors. I wanted to know if there was other Chinese tractor companies making tractors besides Foton. It seems like here in the United States that tractors by Foton could have any brand name on them according to the dealers that a person checked with. Hope this has cleared up the confusing here on the post about Chinese tractors.

Cabinholler

/ Chinese Tractors By Foton #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I wanted to know if there was other Chinese tractor companies making tractors besides Foton. It seems like here in the United States that tractors by Foton could have any brand name on them according to the dealers that a person checked with. )</font>
Jinma is the most common Chinese tractor to get this "rebadging" treatment. But it happens to them all, and I agree - it's confusing at best. Particularly when you run into uninformed sales people.

Took them a couple of years to "regroup" after the New Holland lawsuit, so Futian has only just re-entered the US market this year - under the new name of Foton. And as far as I know, Foton is the first Chinese tractor to enter the American tractor market in the above 55 horsepower category. To confuse that issue even more, is their color. A reasonable rule of thumb is "Futian - blue, Foton - red".

Competition will surely bring others into your horsepower category in the future. But I'm reasonably sure that if you're currently looking at a new Chinese tractor in the above 55 hp category, it's gonna be a blue Futian or a red Foton - regardless of what the decals might say.

//greg//

greg g

Thanks again for all your post and private messages about Chinese tractors by Foton. I am now clear about the names that these Foton tractors will have on them when sold in the United States. I guess what was really confusing to me, and other people on this post is by the different brand names that Foton uses on their tractors sold in the United States.

Cabinholler