Snow Snow Clearing

/ Snow Clearing #1  

SevenCorners

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 224 2004
Hey guys I haven't seen anything posted about snow clearing so I thought I would start a thread. I am looking for ideas on how best to clear snow without getting another attachment. I have a FEL and BB. I adjusted the angle of the BB so that it does a somewhat good job. But as you can guess the problem is that it gets filled up and no way to dump. I have found that the FEL does not do a very good job on pavement. I left a couple of gouge marks in the driveway. Has anyone tried to put some wood on the bottom of the bucket to prevent it from tearing into the pavement?

/ Snow Clearing #2  
I think a rear blade is the way to go as far as the least expensive snow removal tool. You should be able to find a 72" rear blade for under $300. Although a heavier bladeis supposed to be better for the snow removal. I'm currently shopping for a rear blade for my tractor as I had the same experience as you.

/ Snow Clearing #3  
I have seen a 2" piece of PVC with a slit cut lengthwise and pushed over the cutting edge. This is great for a gravel drive. With a concrete one just roll the bucket back some and it won't catch the cracks..

/ Snow Clearing #4  
I made a triangle from some wooden 3 by 10's 10 foot long, bolted and braced at the point and braced with angle iron at the bottom of the triangle and elsewhere as needed for strength. I put a chain on the point and towed it behind the tractor. the more weight I used the better it worked. I will add some angle iron runners on the bottom to make it track straight next season.