Jinma 184 vs 224??

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #1  

Greg9Beard

Can anyone tell me the advantages/disadvantages of each of these tractors? (I am looking to use it for home use ie landscaping/snow removal/wood splitting) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Thanks for your help

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #2  
Greg,
The JM184 has a two cylinder engine, the 224 usually has 3 (a few two cylinder 224s have been imported). Nowadays, the 224 ahs the larger tires and wheels like the JM254/284. The two cylinder has a different sound, more chug chug, some say the two cyl. seems to make more torque. We have one 184 with loader left and a few JM224s in stock here in Arknasas, if you are close enough, come drive them both and decide.

/ Jinma 184 vs 224??
the 184 and 224 are both 3 cylinder and both rated 20 hp the 224 is on the same frame as a 284 but less hp the 184 is lighter the price difference is only $400

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #4  
If the 184 is three cyldiner 20HP than it is really a 204. Yes the 224 is the same frame as the JM254/284 but has Y380 engine with 80 mm bore instead of Y385 engine with 85 MM bore. similar but not identical engine. The 224 should be set at 22HP.
If you can get a 3 cyl 184 the only differences MAY be drum instead of disk brake and tire size, this might account for weight difference, but more likely the weight difference is the 2 cyl vs 4 cyl, at least on the specs.

/ Jinma 184 vs 224??
well then i quess my question is the better tractor weight to hp price is basically the same i got my info from kenotractors.com

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i got my info from kenotractors.com )</font>
Out of curiosity, I took a peek at that website. The number of obvious errors on http://kenotractors.com/tractors.html would never make it an acceptable standard for reference in my book
//greg//

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #7  
Keno FELS: see: http://kenotractors.com/tractors/jinma284pic.html

Is this the latest ZL20? If so, why did they change? Koyker get after them on a copied design?

While the cylinders are larger than older ZL20s, the rest looks much more basic/elementary, more like a very light duty fel. Similar to home built designs.

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #8  
I'm thinking a cut n paste error. the 184 has always been a 2 cylinder. Perhaps it is a 204 with a 184 hood decal.

The loader is not Jinma. There is someone up in the NW that makes this loader themselves (maybe these folks), I've seen them on ebay before, really makes them competitive in price, but that unit does not compare with a Koyker in my book for a few hundred more.

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #9  
No doubt, that the Koyker is better. Not sure if I would choose this loader over a ZL20. The standard hoses/cyl/and controls are a plus, but I don't like the look of the bucket mount and with only one cyl. Also the mounting, frame, and pivots don't appear to be as strong. Anyway, its hard to go off a picture, but didn't find any fel specs on the website.

/ Jinma 184 vs 224?? #10  
I have the 204 and we love it. Has the 2 cylinder and lots of power. We use it in our small landscaping business. FEL picks up everything we've asked of it, it's the Koyker 160. We have a bunch of attachments for it. You will be happy with either I'm sure.