New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS?

/ New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS? #1  

playing2win01

Hi, I have a new Jinma 284 LE that I assembled from the crate. I have been hearing all this stuff about glow plugs and everything but I dont know what it is... Would this of been already assembled in the tractor in crate form? As far as how to initialize the glow plugs, my ignition does say anything about heat... pretty much the first turn/click will turn on my headlights and everything then the second turn/click will crank the starter. So where does the glow plug come into play? play_2_win01@yahoo.com

/ New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS? #2  
The H position is supposed to be glow plugs, Teh first click should turn the gages and dash light on (if equipped) the next one is H for heater or glow plugs, then S for starter. The glowplugs are already installed when the tractor arrives, they are on the top of the engine connected together with a flat bar.

/ New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS? #3  
Playing2win, when in the heat position the amp meter should peg and start to drop off the longer it is in that position. I normally countdown 15 seconds and then hit the start position.

/ New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS?
Great!! Ill try it when i get home tonight!!

/ New JINMA 284 Winter Starting... GLOW PLUG BASICS?
Thanks, my tractor starts up much easier now using the glow plugs!!