anti freeze dripping

/ anti freeze dripping #1  

slorne

I have a new Jinma with 3 hours on the engine. I have attached a photo of the problem. Please give any advice on the following:

1) There is anti freeze dripping on the left side of the engine

2) The anti freeze is dripping between the front most exhaust manifold and the middle exhust manafold

I don't know much about thses tractor's, but am learning as I contnue to assemble, etc...

Based on my experience, I would say it is a head gasket?? Please let me know the following:

1) Should I just tighten the head bolts?

2) Should I replace the head gasket??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

slorne

/ anti freeze dripping #2  
Wipe the area carefully and see if you can see exactly where the coolant is escaping. It won't hurt anything to recheck head bolt torque, but probably won't help if the gasket is defective, causing the leak. As I recall, you got a crate tractor so you proabably got a spare head gasket with it. It isn ot too big a job to change it if you have to.

Didn't see your photo.

/ anti freeze dripping
blue chip,

thanks for the feedback. I am wondering if I should just tighten down the head bolt's, or replace the gasket?

I think all I need to do is remove the rocker cover and throttle linkage to tighten the head bolts?

I appreciate your advice.

slorne

/ anti freeze dripping #4  
Bluechip is correct. Follow his direction. I didn't see a pic. Did you forget to attach? I've done that also so don't feel embarrased. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ anti freeze dripping
I tried to attach the photo twice? it's a 1/2 b photo but for some reason I can not get it to post??

I think I'tt go out and try tightening the head bolts... Real happy with the tractor and trying to get the kink's out before I put it to work...

thanks

/ anti freeze dripping #6  
If you want to try torquing the head bolts it won't hurt, don't just go in there and tighten them. I don't have the torque spec handy, perhps someone does or can remember, if not I'll post it tomorrow.

/ anti freeze dripping #7  
Before replacing the head gasket, I would check to see if there are freeze plugs on that side of the engine. If so, that could be a source of the leak. One may not have seated properly.

Good Luck