Homier Farm Pro Help

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #21  
I'm glad to hear it. Hope the credits/rebilling/etc. work out to your satisfaction. Now go fishing, I am! Heading to beautiful Lake Ouachita for some 20-30lb striper fishing.

Durbob, the Shinniu is very similar to our TS series KAMA, outboard bull gear drive, etc. I have not driven it yet but do not care for the side steering cylinder, although the front diff appears almost as robust as in the KAMA TS, I guess that ties in some with this thread. The owner told me the tractor was overheating last summer, kept adding water (not antifreeze) and we had 5 or 6 days around 20 degrees and this poor tractor froze solid, displacing several freeze plugs and I suspect cracking the waterjacket on the inside. We will get it in the shop next week for some "exploritory surgery" and then likely install a new engine. Fortunatly this tractor had the popular Y385 engine or it would likely be scrap iron today. Many Shenniu built with 2 cylinder engine and I bet there are not too many spares around for that.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( These posts tend to develope a life of thier own, Soundguy's comment even painted this as a Farm Pro tractor warranty issue )</font>

Whoa... I said warranty issue in relation to the 'new' part purchased.. and it being broken... Would this not be a warranty issue?

If I bought a starter from.. say.. ford.. go home and it was obviously a DOA junkeir.. I would deffinately want them to take it back and swap it out..immediatly.. as a parts warranty issue.. wouldn't you?

As for criminal.. I pointed out that it wasn't.. but merely sloppy work on their part...

Soundguy

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Yep, your right Soundguy, it is a warranty parts issue and the Homier dealer in N. Augusta SC sold me the part which shipped out of Indiana the home office. The tech rep at Homier in Indiana took ownership of the problem and arranged to have the old axle picked up and they are going to ship me a new one. I think Bluechip is concerned this reflecting a bad light on Farm Pro tractors which as we all know are Jinmas. It still goes back to an established dealer backing what they sell. You might find that rock bottom priced Jinma on e-bay and end up like legbreaker. The sweetness of the better price turns into the bitterness of no dealer support. My tractor will be down for a lot longer then it should have but at least help is on the way and I am grateful to Homier Farm Pro division for that. Building relationships together with integrity will benefit everybody.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #24  
Parts availability is a huge concern for most trractor purchasers.. perhaps even more than bottom line price.

We all know the jinma are 'value' line tractors. The fact that I may have to tweak or wrench on them time to time is no big deal... I collect antique tractors.. ya gotta wrench on them ALL the time. However.. if there are parts concerns .. wrenching becomes iffy. I don't think it's alot to ask to have better parts support for a new tractor (even if imported ) than say.. a 60 year old domestic tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yep.. i had to add that in.. considering I can hop online and track down virtually every nut and bolt for a ford N series tractor..
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Seriously though.. I don't think the message was headed towards 'smearing' homiers name... As stated.. it's a parts issue.. etc..

Soundguy

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #25  
Soundguy,while we don't have every part (yet)for the Jinma tractors we do have at least 80 % of all the parts in stock.I think within the next year we will have all of the parts in stock,we are also keeping new Crankshafts and over size bearing.There are several Jinma dealers that are stocking parts and with time they will be as easy to get as the 8N -9N parts for alot less money.I have rebuilt several old Ford tractors and while parts are avaliable they are expensive to buy.This is a big change from 2-3 years ago when parts were alot harder to get.Just my 2-cents on the parts issue

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales
Bellville,Texas

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #26  
Wow.. I've found that ford N series parts are cheaper than ANY other tractor parts I've looked for. That's based on buying JD, ALlis Chalmers, and IH and New holland parts. Ford parts are very inexpensive compaired to many other vintage machines. I think part of that is the large production run. For instance. the bulk of hte engine aprts are identical from 1939 thru 1952.. over 800K tractors inthe N series..

Running down a parts list in a reproduction guide, I'm going to check some parts.

So far, the ford is cheaper on all major components.. generator, starter, pto shaft, head, clutch assembly.. etc.. etc.

My guess is you got ripped on ford parts.. or this was quite a while ago.. say early 90's before alot of repro parts hit.

Good to hear about the wide variety of chineese parts though.

Soundguy

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Update on my repalcement axle. I received a call from Butch Michaelson/TSR with Homier Farm Pro to let me know the damaged axle arrived today and a new axle was shipped. This axle was picked up at my home in South Carolina late friday afternoon. I am beginning to think it might be possible to have a working tractor by the weekend. Hats off to Butch and all the folks with Homier up in Indiana. Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #29  
Wish you luck Wayne and I hope everything else goes smoothly. Take your time. Do it right and keep us posted...A few pics here and there would be nice ...Take care.

John

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Final Update! I received my replacement front axle from Homier Farm Pro as promised. It actually bolts right up with four large bolts so there is not a lot to photograph. This one spins free and smooth in all directions. A transmission jack certainly helps positioning but otherwise it is pretty routine to refit and replace. I took it for a quick spin as it was getting dark and all appears normal. Now we can go back and play in the dirt! I will start a new thread tomorrow titled, "How much is too much." The subject will be our opinion/observations/experience operating a loader in 4WD. That is how I initially broke this axle. Thanks for the help and support along the way.