Homier Farm Pro Help

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #1  

Wayne_Freeman

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I took my busted 284 front axle to the nearest Farm Pro Dealer who recommended I would be better off purchasing a new axle rather then trying to repair the differential box and axle. The axle arrived a week later(yesterday) and it was obvious when uncrated that this axle was not new but had certainly been used. I spent the afternoon retightening and replacing pieces from my old axle onto the one sent from Homier. I mounted the axle before realizing this axle does not rotate properly and exhibited the same symptoms as the old axle. I pulled it back off of the tractor and pulled the differential cover to reveal the spider gears in the axle from Homier have several broken gears. I have been trying to reach either my dealer or Homier since yesterday. The dealer will not return my calls and Homier Farm Pro has kept me on hold for three hours this morning. Does anybody have any contacts with either Poor Man's Tractor in N.Augusta SC or Homier Farm Pro in Indiana? I will be glad to keep you posted on what kind of customer service solves this problem. You can e-mail me at wfree@hotmail.com.
Wayne Freeman

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
I was never able to get in touch with Homier Farm Pro today but continuously cycled through their answering service. A dealer gave me another non toll free number that did exactly the same thing. Anyway, I sent them a detailed e-mail at 3PM this afternoon and pleaded for a return phone call. As of 7PM tonight I have received neither a return e-mail or phone call.

My local Farm Pro Dealer never returned my call but I did reachhim at 3:30 today. He said he was talking to Homier Farm Pro and promised to call me back. As of 7PM tonight no response.

Tomorrow is another day! Hopefully, somebody will step and and do the right thing. I have informed Homier Farm Pro that this saga was being posted on two popular web sites for all my comrades to see. Stay tuned for chapter two.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #3  
Wayne,
Was the email you copied me from Chad at Homier at 1:44 pm not a response? his direct extension was also included. Chad is the guy who can help you out.

Sorry the alternate number I provided wasnt any better. I thought it was a way around the customer service phone room directly to the Farm Pro tractor division. Guess it was just a way for you to be on hold on your nickle instead of theirs.

Anyway my advice is to call Chad tomorrow, I am sure he can make good on the axle for you, especially since he gave you his direct extension.

Just for the record, I am not the dealer who sold this tractor or the axle, just trying to help a fellow TBN member if I can. I'm sure this will all work out soon.

It is no secret that it is difficult to communicate with Homier at times, that is why I always recommend working through a good local dealer whenever possible, handling these communications is how we earn our keep.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #4  
Wayne,
I was hoping Bluechip was online but alas not. I'm sure Chip could help in straightening this out. he has always gone above & beyond before thats why he has such a good reputation.
Don't dispair, we will get this done. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Regards, Harry

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
The e-mail I received from Chip was a response to a question regarding a pricing issue which I have not made public. I had no clue this would be faster then holding on the phone but that is the way it turned out. That e-mail only requested a price quote for a front axle. However, as soon as I got the e-mail from Chip I called his extension, got his recording and left a message for him to return my call which has not happened yet. Beleive me I am going to make every effort to give credit where credit is due and very slow and cautious about discrediting any business or person. I am still hopeful for a fair and reasonable resolution which will be made public.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #6  
Wayne,
I think you ment to say you called Chad not me, right?
Chip

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
After a long frustrating day yesterday I got my Chip's and Chad's confused. Chad Lakes with Homier Farm Pro is the person I called. Maybe today will turn up some positive results which I will be more then glad to share!

/ Homier Farm Pro Help #8  
Wayne,
You have really been through the ringer on this one. My hats off to your persistance.
Is this SOP for Homier? It seems to me like really bad customer service. So few companies really practice what they preach.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
This morning shortly after 8AM I received a call from Butch Michaelson/TSR with Homier in Indiana. He was very professional and we had a lenghty conversation. To make a long story short I simply stated that a new front axle was purchased and a new front axle should be what I receive. My machine has been down almost two weeks and I requested that if a new axle could not be shipped today then a refund was in order and I would seek an alternate source. Butch has promised to call me back this afternoon with some resolution. He also requested pictures and lucky enough my digital camera is charged up.

/ Homier Farm Pro Help
Here is today's update concerning my front axle replacement. Butch Michaelson/TSR with Homier Farm Pro requested pictures of the new front axle I received. I sent several photos with detailed explanations outlining what was missing on the new axle and what it looked like as well as the broken spider gears in the differential. I will attach one of the pictures with this update. Later in the day I was requested to send a picture of my old axle and the new Farm Pro axle side by side. My old axle was still in three pieces but I complied immediately. I also insisted that shipping me new parts was not acceptable because I purchased a new axle and that is what I expect to receive. If I would have felt competent to repair my old axle I would have ordered parts a long time ago. Around 3:30 PM this afternoon, Butch Michaelson/TSR with Homier called me back and explained what they were going to do to solve my problem. First, a truck will come and pick up the faulty axle I received last Tuesday. Once this axle arrives back at the office in Indiana and processed, a new axle will be sent back to me. It took a week to receive the first axle so it appears I am two weeks off before receiving the part to fix my tractor. I politely ask why a new axle could not be shipped today or why the truck could not deliver the new axle and pick up the old one at the same time. The answer was that is not the way we do these type transactions. I did request a name and number of the person who made this decision to personally plead my case but got no further. I also tried e-mailing the salesman Hal posted but got undeliverable address back. If anybody has any words of wisdom please pass them along. Otherwise, I will continue to try and call a higher power at Homier or if the weather breaks go fishing.

Attachments

• 587467-tractor axle Homier e-mail.JPG
    587467-tractor axle Homier e-mail.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 335