Competitive filter changover

/ Competitive filter changover #1  

capejd1

Tractor
1983 JD 510
Newbie here. I was wondering if any of you folks have a cross reference (or where to find one) for oil, air, and fuel filters on a Nortrac NT204C (3 cyl. D.). I have part numbers from the manual (Jinma?), but I cannot get them to interchange. Any competitive numbers will do, i.e.: Wix, Fram, Hastings, Napa, etc.
Air:YJ385T115001
Fuel: YJCX0706
Oil:YJJX0710C
Any light shed on this would be truely grateful. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Competitive filter changover
Thanks, HankC!!! Just what the doctor ordered. I knew someone had it. Much appreciated.

/ Competitive filter changover #4  
I'm using the Fram PH3985 oil filter on my 204C with no problems. Used two of them now. I checked out their ratings and the PH3985 is rated for all engines including diesel. I haven't tried the fuel filter yet, but suspect it will work fine.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm using the Fram PH3985 oil filter on my 204C with no problems. Used two of them now. )</font>

Thanks, RickO. That's the number I was going to use! I sell Fram. so it makes it easy for me!
Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

/ Competitive filter changover #6  
capejd1,

Since you sell Fram filters, I have question. What is the difference between a prefix P and a PH filter? Are the P filters for fuel and the PH for oil? Just wondering.

By the way, I have a 2004 Jinma 284 and the Fram PH3600 works like a charm as a replacement for the JX0707.

Thanks,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( capejd1,

Since you sell Fram filters, I have question. What is the difference between a prefix P and a PH filter? Are the P filters for fuel and the PH for oil? Just wondering.

By the way, I have a 2004 Jinma 284 and the Fram PH3600 works like a charm as a replacement for the JX0707.

Thanks, )</font>

The P and PH both mean it's a "throwaway" filter, with the PH denoting high or full flow. They are both spin-on type filters. With that in mind, the C and CH mean throwaway cartridge, with the latter being a high flow.
The PH3600 will only work if you have 3/4 treads. If you have a 20mm metric thread you should use the PH3985. Apparantly, these tractors could have one or the other.
To go back to your original question, the spin on fuel and hydraulic filters usually start with the prefix P.

/ Competitive filter changover #8  
what is the best type of oil to use in a nortrac 20hp 2 cly. engine

/ Competitive filter changover #9  
Old thread but most everyone runs a 15W40 diesel rated oil like Dello or Delvac.

Chris

/ Competitive filter changover #10  
Seven years old. I think that's a record.