Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tractor
    1983 JD 510

Default Competitive filter changover

Newbie here. I was wondering if any of you folks have a cross reference (or where to find one) for oil, air, and fuel filters on a Nortrac NT204C (3 cyl. D.). I have part numbers from the manual (Jinma?), but I cannot get them to interchange. Any competitive numbers will do, i.e.: Wix, Fram, Hastings, Napa, etc.
    Air:YJ385T115001
    Fuel: YJCX0706
    Oil:YJJX0710C
    Any light shed on this would be truely grateful. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tractor

Default Re: Competitive filter changover

Maybe this will help you.
    http://www.capital.net/~disc1/Filter...re%20Parts.htm

There are cross refrences here. Can't vouch for them as my tractor is a 2430.

Good Luck

Tractor
    1983 JD 510

Thanks, HankC!!! Just what the doctor ordered. I knew someone had it. Much appreciated.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Nortrac (Jinma) 204C

I'm using the Fram PH3985 oil filter on my 204C with no problems. Used two of them now. I checked out their ratings and the PH3985 is rated for all engines including diesel. I haven't tried the fuel filter yet, but suspect it will work fine.

Tractor
    1983 JD 510

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm using the Fram PH3985 oil filter on my 204C with no problems. Used two of them now. )</font>

Thanks, RickO. That's the number I was going to use! I sell Fram. so it makes it easy for me!
    Thanks for everyone's help and comments.

Silver Member

capejd1,

Since you sell Fram filters, I have question. What is the difference between a prefix P and a PH filter? Are the P filters for fuel and the PH for oil? Just wondering.

By the way, I have a 2004 Jinma 284 and the Fram PH3600 works like a charm as a replacement for the JX0707.

Thanks,

Tractor
    1983 JD 510

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( capejd1,

Since you sell Fram filters, I have question. What is the difference between a prefix P and a PH filter? Are the P filters for fuel and the PH for oil? Just wondering.

By the way, I have a 2004 Jinma 284 and the Fram PH3600 works like a charm as a replacement for the JX0707.

Thanks, )</font>

The P and PH both mean it's a "throwaway" filter, with the PH denoting high or full flow. They are both spin-on type filters. With that in mind, the C and CH mean throwaway cartridge, with the latter being a high flow.
    The PH3600 will only work if you have 3/4 treads. If you have a 20mm metric thread you should use the PH3985. Apparantly, these tractors could have one or the other.
    To go back to your original question, the spin on fuel and hydraulic filters usually start with the prefix P.

Tractor
    nortrac

what is the best type of oil to use in a nortrac 20hp 2 cly. engine

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Old thread but most everyone runs a 15W40 diesel rated oil like Dello or Delvac.

Chris

Tractor
    Yuchai Bulldozer

Seven years old. I think that's a record.
    Yuchai YCT dozer, Mustang 2040 skid steer, Mitsubishi MS035 Mini-Ex, Trimble equipped 7' Dual Dozer, and a LiTW BH7600 back hoe for sale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast