Seat for Kama 454?

/ Seat for Kama 454? #1  

rhallman

Looking for an aftermarket seat for a Kama 454? Anyone out there replaced their's yet?

Thanks...Rich

/ Seat for Kama 454? #2  
   / Seat for Kama 454? #3  
We sell the Grammer spring seats that come on the LE version of the Jinma tractors,and I'm sure could be adapted to fit the Kamas,they are good quality,adjustable back height and weight adjustment.Check out our website if interested

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales web page

/ Seat for Kama 454? #4  
If you're talking about THIS ONE Tommy, that's the one that comes with the KM454 - mine anyway.

//greg//

/ Seat for Kama 454? #5  
That is it greg_g, I think they are a good quality seat for the money,while you can get some at TSC for less you would not get the same quality.Glad Kama is using them also

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Seat for Kama 454? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That is it greg_g, I think they are a good quality seat for the money)</font>

Actually, I don't think I'm going to get even two years service out of mine - which is why I asked Rich if he was having problems with his.

Mine's only about 9 months old, and I've got it taped up already - the vinyl is cracked and spreading around the two plastic retainer inserts on the top. KAMA didn't help matters either, the OE mounting brackets tilt the aftermarket seat at a disadvantageous forward angle.

I didn't like the constant feeling of sliding forward. Plus, the angle permits water to collect in the seat (no drain). When it gets full enough, it overflows into the metal pan. Rust - bigtime. And terrible squeaking. The squeaking part I fixed with a few strategic applications of oil. Strangely enough, it was the plastic bushings that were squeaking. The rust and vinyl damage though, I can only hope to maybe stop from getting much worse.

I had the whole thing on the work bench yesterday. Used tarp tape on the cracked vinyl, oil on the squeaks, and added spacers to see if raising the front edge of the seat will help out any. Time will tell, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be shopping for a new seat before next winter.

//greg//

/ Seat for Kama 454? #7  
Sorry to here that,all of the ones on the Jinma do not hold any water in them,and the top 2-headrest holes ,the plastic bushing are hammered in which could cause the vinyl to split then gets worse,The newer seats on the Jinmas do not have the headrest holes anymore.? Maybe that was a problem area for them.We keep the seats in stock and happen to have a top cushion from a damaged seat that will replace yours if you are interested in it,it's held on with spring clips that you pull and turn.but it also has the headrest holes.

Tommy
Affordable Tractor Sales

/ Seat for Kama 454? #8  
Thanks for the offer Tommy, but that would still leave the problem of a rusty seat pan. As much time as my tractor spends out of doors, I'll eventually be replacing that Grammer with something that has proper drains in the seat cushion

//greg//

/ Seat for Kama 454?
Greg....My seat is about 4 months old and cracking already...Wanted to line something up now so I can replace before Im down to the metal. My seat looks to be the original from KAMA.... Bolted to the seat frame with two small springs behind the seat that pivots on a rod in the front. Its not adjustable from what I can see.

Thanks...Rich

/ Seat for Kama 454? #10  
Doesn't sound like we have the same seat. Mine is like that attachment in my post to Tommy. The replacement I'm looking at is something ON THIS ORDER, except I won't buy anything that doesn't have at least one seat cushion drain.

//greg//