Rural King tractors

/ Rural King tractors #11  
Durbob : Here is Coles County Illinois we are the coporate home of Rural King and have two stores within 10 miles of each other. I know of a few people who have purchased tractors from Rural King and I pass along this advice; While the tractors from China are reliable tractors and priced to make them very attractive the Rural King tractors are far too often assembled by people who only minutes earlier might have been stacking cans of dog food on a shelf. It's not like you're buying from Chip or Affordable. If you purchase the tractor when you get it home go over every single screw, nut, bolt, electrical connection and wire, hoses, fan belt and double check to make sure the proper fuses are installed correctly. Nearly every person I know that has purchased from Rural King had assembly problems not equipment problems/failures. I dont think it's because Rural King employees are sloppy or dont care - but rather they just (for the most part) not possessing the expert knowledge of people like Chip and Tommy. Again - the tractors I believe are solid but the assembly might be suspect.

/ Rural King tractors
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Durbob : Here is Coles County Illinois we are the coporate home of Rural King and have two stores within 10 miles of each other. I know of a few people who have purchased tractors from Rural King and I pass along this advice; While the tractors from China are reliable tractors and priced to make them very attractive the Rural King tractors are far too often assembled by people who only minutes earlier might have been stacking cans of dog food on a shelf. It's not like you're buying from Chip or Affordable. If you purchase the tractor when you get it home go over every single screw, nut, bolt, electrical connection and wire, hoses, fan belt and double check to make sure the proper fuses are installed correctly. Nearly every person I know that has purchased from Rural King had assembly problems not equipment problems/failures. I dont think it's because Rural King employees are sloppy or dont care - but rather they just (for the most part) not possessing the expert knowledge of people like Chip and Tommy. Again - the tractors I believe are solid but the assembly might be suspect. )</font>

If you read my past posts you will see that i already aknowledged that. That is why i know it would have to be a super cheap price to make it worth your while. Plus, i could have put it on a credit card for no interest for one year. It's just a pipe dream anyway. I was just gonna play with it and maybe pick up a few bucks tilling gardens and clearing snow out of peoples driveways. I doubt i will buy one, but.... had my wife when we were there saturday had said "go for it honey"...well , you never know. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Rural King tractors #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you at my past posts you will see that i already aknowledged that. That is why i know it would have to be a super cheap price to make it worth your while. Plus, i could have put it on a credit card for no interest for one year. )</font>

Yeah, but maybe you're letting the $ signs cloud your judgment. It's clear you're not afraid of getting your hands dirty. But the Catch-22 is in the revised Rural King warranty stipulations: if you fix it yourself, they could technically hold you "in violation" of the terms of that half-baked warranty.

//greg//

/ Rural King tractors #14  
I think 3600 for the 20 hp, turf, 3cyl, and power steering is a fantastic deal..... I am ready to drive to St. louis and haul one home.... only one thing stopping me.....my wife......

/ Rural King tractors
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( If you at my past posts you will see that i already aknowledged that. That is why i know it would have to be a super cheap price to make it worth your while. Plus, i could have put it on a credit card for no interest for one year. )</font.
//greg// )</font>

<font color="black"> I think you are reading more into than what i actually said Greg.
I basically said that i would re prep it as dpl96 had mentioned. I was talking about fixing stuff myself that the warranty didn't cover also. I think a six month warranty is all most dealers give too, although they might warranty everything . I'm not sure about that. Like i had mentioned before it has to be really cheap to make doing this worth your while.

/ Rural King tractors #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't confuse me with facts....my mind's made up !)</font>
I guess that says it all

//greg//

/ Rural King tractors
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Don't confuse me with facts....my mind's made up !)</font>
I guess that says it all

//greg// )</font>

<font color="red">Whatever Greg.....I think you are letting this bother you to much. I appreciate your advice and understand that you had a horrible experience with a tractor from Rural King. But, should i buy one i will cover all my bases. Like i said, it most likely isn't gonna happen anyway. </font>

/ Rural King tractors #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( had my wife when we were there saturday had said "go for it honey"...well , you never know)</font>

You gotta watch out about them women folk .. I've found that they can help you spend your money fast.

last year I was all ready to buy a ford 5000 and a 10' mower to do some field mowing. Could have had all for 10K$ and change. Mower was new howse HD unit, and tractor was 100% restored by/sold by the local tractor mechanic... looked/ran like it did off the assembly line... I was salivating real bad let me tell ya.

On the way to look at it we passed the NH dealer... wife saw a 2 year old Nh 7610s .. way more money ( did I say way more? I meant like way way more... ). In the end.. I traded my trusty Nh 1920.. got the 7610s.. AND had a nice loan payment.. speaking of which.. I need to make a payment.. ( ho-hum.. )... and all cause the wife said.. 'its not that much more.. go ahead and get it!' ( must be that female math... not that much more = 2.25X etc.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )

Soundguy

/ Rural King tractors #19  
Update on 704
Great little tractor. Runs good everything mechanical works well. I put out hay and haul firewood, ran a bushhog for an hour. Spread fertilizer and wait for hay season.
The issues are minor. The hour meter stopped at .5, the tach is still working. When I turn the AC on the marker lights come on but no AC. It has a little cross wiring trouble so I will have to return it to Rural King they would not send me a wiring diagram to fix it myself. I dont think they have one thats accurate. Still waiting for Koyer to make a FEL to fit it.

/ Rural King tractors #20  
Soundguy,
My experience is that 2.25X factor works in reverse for me. I spend $10. She spends $22.50+ and feels justified... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif